Karen Klein

Questions Remain ...

6/23/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0622_karen_klein_01_msnbc
The Karen Klein bus incident has polarized TMZ users.  Is she a victim or a wuss?  So without further adieu, we gotta ask ...

shadabrata

I'm in no way condoning those kids behavior, but get real- $60...0,000 for being called names on a bus? There are so many people out there suffering real hardships that are far more deserving of charitable help. If she truly is a good person, she will keep the intended $5000 and her free trip and give the rest to charity. And if I'm being honest, she should be fired because she's not capable of doing her job!

Truth

THE BITCH IS USELESS... SRUSLY!! WHEN I WAS IN GRADE SCHOOL AND IDIOTS ACTED UP ON THE BUS, THE DRIVER WOULD F*CKING STOP THE BUS ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND TELL THE MORONS IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO WALK TO SCHOOL. IF SO, GET OFF THE F*CKING BUS RIGHT NOW AND START WALKING. THAT SURE SHUT THE BRATS RIGHT UP QUICK. SEE, HE HANDLED IT AND TOOK CARE OF THE SITUATION. BELIEVE ME, THE BRATS WERE SILENT AS A MUTE PERSON AFTER THAT. THIS KAREN KLEIN BITCH IS F*CKED UP AND USELESS. SHE SHOULD BE FIRED. UNQUALIFIED FOR THE JOB. #TRUTH!!.

craig

I heard this annoying woman has a masturbation video the same time she has 15 kids at home that was born in a test tube...and gets mad when people laugh or yell at her

Susan62509

Wow, I'm shocked at how many people are upset that people donated money to give Karen a vacation. Donated money that Karen wasn't aware of. Karen reacted to the little ****heads perfectly because the boys were taunting her for a reaction and she didn't give them one. Legally there wasn't anything Karen could do. She can't cuss them out, hit them, stop the bus to have them kicked off, etc. For disciplinary action, the boys need to be kicked out of school or the parents give the school permission to have the boys sit in the back of the bus muzzled and handcuffed for 2 months so they can be the receivers of bullying. If I were Karen, I'd donate the money to send each one of those *******s to military camp for the summer.

PENGUIN

Would be hearing a different reaction if it happened to any of you, or a member of your family. I think the lady showed a lot of restraint. A lot more than I would have. Kids today are punks and I think they have their parents to blame. Parents don't care what they do, as long as they are not bothering them.

hursh4ever

kids do bad things, she was just a weak bus monitor... what if they were talking like that to another kid? that is what she is there for.. to keep things like that from happening but she wasnt able to do anything... kids fist fight on buses at that age, she would have never been able to break up any fights cause she's not a good bus monitor..

Liza

"I think the lady showed a lot of restraint."

The above comment I read here absolutely astounds me. This old lady needs to be PROACTIVE, not restrained. Websters dictionary says "proactive" is..... "serving to prepare for, intervene in, or control an expected occurrence or situation, especially a negative or difficult one; anticipatory: proactive measures against crime."

N O W...did Miss Klein do anything that came close to the above? Absolutely not. Not even close. I have read a lot of comments asking what she would have done if anther child was being bullied on that bus, and I am wondering the same thing. I am not a mother, but if I was and there was a "monitor" on my childs bus, I would be terrified for my childs well being. And the ONLY reason Miss Klein was on that bus was to STOP out of control behavior. Thank God this wasn't being directed at a defenseless child because that would have been something to be horrified over.

This situation is a prime example of the fight or flight response. Instead of stepping up and taking charge (fighting,) Miss Klein withdrew into herself and took flight (in her body language and non response.)

She had no respect for her responsibility and certainly none for the children in her care. If I was a parent of a child on that bus, I would ask her why she was even there in the first place.

darcy

my kid is brutally bullied...I wish I could get his principal to take it seriously. Maybe WE should try youtube!

Ali

I think what these kids did was disgusting and this was not an isolated first time incident for those boys. I don't think that the boys should be expelled, but they should not be allowed to ride the bus. I will bet they are being shunned by fellow schoolmates and mocked themselves now. That is the best punishment for them so they can now understand how it feels to be tormented. Expelling them would only lead to furthering the ignorance of these boys. They need to remain in school, get an education, and be reminded for a very long time of the ****ty thing they did and face the consequences. Speaking of consequences, I think not only the boys, but their parents need to work some type of community service that relates to bullying and see the longterm effects that is has from both the victims and the bullies prospective. This women deserves whatever amount is raised in fund raising! The money is coming from people that care, and it's not coming out of the taxpayers pocket. As for forgiving these little **** heads, I say that she should forgive them and move on, and enjoy her retirement in peace and happiness.

sharmae

Either different parts of the country do things differently or many people are in denial about what is really going on in today's schools.
You can only do so much without infringing on a student's rights and being disciplined, moved, or let go from your job.
There ARE kids who totally refuse to stop swearing, bullying and harassing. And when it gets to Admin. the kids get a slap on the wrist. The students do it because it IS allowed whether people want to believe it or not!! I KNOW!! And it takes a least 3 bus write-ups to be removed from the bus, even for this behavior. Things are MUCH different than they use to be.
People gave HER this money because they wanted too out of the goodness of their hearts, so why question it?
How many of the people complaining about her getting the money would refuse it themselves if this happened to them, and/or would give a large sum to charity?????
IF you don't work for a school district, get your facts before you assume things about her job. Many people are complaining about her getting the money because it isn't them that got it. It's nobody's business except hers and the generous people who gave it to her!!!!!!!!!!

J

I find it surprising the number people shocked by the boys behavior. The very fact that they recorded the incident really says something about how little concern the boys had for “getting caught” or “getting into trouble” for what they were doing. Currently in our society, Ms. Klein very likely represents the “fat old cow” that no one is supposed to take any notice of, even as we are constantly reminded not to become. Why people are so shocked by these boys behavior I can't imagine? I find our entire culture to be literally saturated with passing judgment on and (happily) abusing fat people, as well as showing a patent, across the board disregard for older women. These condemning, and insulting views seem to be pretty commonly held, if not enthusiastically accepted social tenets, not to mention profitable entertainments. Are they not?

ron

Physically defend herself? what do you expect her to do? take down a bunch of high school kids? Her job was to monitor the bus to make sure nothing happened to other children. She was the one being abused not others. She tried to take it because they are stupid little kids. They hurt her feelings and rightfully so. She didn't upload the video, she didn't ASK for the attention. She was doing her job. They targeted her because they were *******s.. and she was an old lady on the bus. I cannot believe you guys are asking what she would have done if others were bullied. I have no doubt she would have stepped up but as an adult, you realize those kids are just *******s. *******s that happened to hit her where it hurts.

Samuel Sherman

This is insane, these are children, Children don't like authority, of course their gonna hate the mean old lady on the bus who tells them no to swear and what not, Haven't we all had authority figures from school who we hated and said bad things about, the only deference is they were brazen enough to say it to her face witch was wrong, bottom line kids do stupid things it happens now just f***ing move on this shouldnt be a national incident

FlBiker

If Obama had a son he would look and act just like the kid in that video.

Brenda