Aubrey O'Day

I Have Serious

Mental Health Issues

6/25/2012 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0625_aubry_oday_airplane
Aubrey O'Day is a certified headcase ... so says one of her doctors, who issued the reality star an official medical document which allows her to bring her dogs on to an airplane.

A rep for Virgin America airlines tells TMZ ... the "Celebrity Apprentice" star was cleared to bring her 2 pets into the 1st class section of a flight this week ... because they are registered as "Emotional Support Animals."

So how does one get emotional support animal clearance? Ya gotta have a doctor write a letter ... stating you have mental issues.

According to the Virgin America website, the airline requires the passenger to produce a letter from a licensed mental health professional which substantiates the guest's disability-related need for the animal to accompany them in the aircraft cabin.

V.A. claims the letter must state that the passenger "has a mental health-related disability" ... and that having the animal accompany the passenger is necessary for his or her mental health.

The nature of O'Day's mental health issue is unclear.  We called the starlet for comment.

O'Day tweeted pics of the dogs enjoying themselves on the flight to San Francisco ... and the V.A. rep tells us she was "incredibly sweet and polite" ... and nothing short of a "great guest."

So far, no word back.

Jay

People get docs to lie about sh*t like that all the time. Here in my apartment building its "no dogs" atleast thats what I was told when I moved in. Well Everyone and there f*kin Uncle has a dog around here. I ask why and am told people with mental health issues can have dogs. WTF am I living in a mental hospital?????? Everyone around me has mental problems I guess as they all have dogs.

Franc

Dogs should bite out her neck. She's fugly, evil, selfish, vacuous, untalented, with a voice like fingernails on a chalkboard and not one good quality.

craig

I have the 2 dogs in my basement locked up with a German dog banger,I want $20,000 to free them..I realize you are playing a famous person on TV so I will accept a payment plan...FUQIN SMILEY FACE!!!!

MsSuburbia

What she is is a brilliant smart ass! I thought she tore it up on that stupid-ass Celebrity Apprentice show, and she's still cracking me up. Go gurl!

mintjulep

I did the same thing to be allowed to take my kitten on the plane with me when I moved back to Canada a few years ago.. Not a big deal, just cost a little, under the table, of course.

tamara

I wonder if that excuse would get you out of jury duty.
And I guess spray painting them neon colors would make it more convincing you're unstable. just sayin'

DaveT

At the end of the day we're all mentally ill. Or stable. Can never remember which...

Majestik

TMZ, I'm a little worried about your picture posted. I'm sure you fell all over yourselves getting an exclusive but why isn't the woman (ALSO TRAVELLING IN FIRST CLASS) have her face fuzzied out? Isn't that a lawsuit on her part for Invasion of Privacy?

J

Is part of the disease that her poor dogs have to be dressed like neon hookers?

T-bone

this makes me so mad !!! I am on disability for mental health issues and I have a REAL emotional support animal. A celebrity abusing this allowance for people with real mental health issues makes me sick !!!!

lcmb

Entitled skank.

GabyO

Duh...

get real

I say that to so I could bring my Poodle on board.

NYC135

I KNEW THAT BITCH WAS CRAZY.

PM2901

I'm sure she had to blow that quack for the letter. She's the worst kind of narcissist. This article is just validation that her disgusting behavior on "Celebrity Apprentice" wasn't an act. You was right Arsenio; she's a mental C U Next Tuesday.