Aubrey O'Day

I Have Serious

Mental Health Issues

6/25/2012 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0625_aubry_oday_airplane
Aubrey O'Day is a certified headcase ... so says one of her doctors, who issued the reality star an official medical document which allows her to bring her dogs on to an airplane.

A rep for Virgin America airlines tells TMZ ... the "Celebrity Apprentice" star was cleared to bring her 2 pets into the 1st class section of a flight this week ... because they are registered as "Emotional Support Animals."

So how does one get emotional support animal clearance? Ya gotta have a doctor write a letter ... stating you have mental issues.

According to the Virgin America website, the airline requires the passenger to produce a letter from a licensed mental health professional which substantiates the guest's disability-related need for the animal to accompany them in the aircraft cabin.

V.A. claims the letter must state that the passenger "has a mental health-related disability" ... and that having the animal accompany the passenger is necessary for his or her mental health.

The nature of O'Day's mental health issue is unclear.  We called the starlet for comment.

O'Day tweeted pics of the dogs enjoying themselves on the flight to San Francisco ... and the V.A. rep tells us she was "incredibly sweet and polite" ... and nothing short of a "great guest."

So far, no word back.

abby

I suppose her request to have her two dogs fly with her isn't as bad as the 300 pound pig/hog allowed onboard a US Airways flight on October 17. 2000. It to was claimed to be an emotional support animal.

lynn

I have my dog registered as an emotional support animal too, ****ty airlines think I'm going to pay an extra $75 bucks AND lock my poor dog in their miserably tiny little boxes for the whole flight?! She sleeps in my lap the whole way and people rarely even know she's there.

Heather

I didnt see those dogs with her when she was out being a ho on her reality show. Why is she even in the news?? Complete waste of time.

deedle

probably the same flight octpig was on, all dogs....

LadyN

She's self absorbed and thinks she's above everyone else and she actually found a doctor who was willing to LIE about her NEEDING her dogs for emotional support. That doctor should be investigated. And Aubrey should go with Kim Kardashian on a long mental health vacation far, far away.

What You Really Want To See

'starlet' or 'starlite'. She's definitely a lightweight. I'd rather screech my fingernails down a blackboard than listen to her.

No Name Jane

Does this explain why she is such a total bitch?

Terminal Tower

Isn't it service "animal" not "animalS"? Since when is it allowable to have TWO service animals?
AND, a business can ask for the service animal's ID, they cannot ask you to specify what the animal is for or your disability.

Lovejac23

I love Aubrey :D I'd act bat-chit crazy too get my gods on a plane! :D You go girl!!!!

Throwback kid

Can we get a doctor to write a letter that Aubrey Oday has no talent and should leave Hollywood?

the original bellaluna

I guess her "mental health issues" explain the pink and purple dogs.

NickieF

Only in America . . . dogs get treated better than humans on airplanes and everywhere else, particularly ones who a relegated to the bottom of the barrel for parenting 14 children!!

Carl Wive

Save your Apprentice money. It WILL run out you idiot.

backfire

It's perfectly fine -- anyway you can do it. They are little and just want to be near their pack leader. I think its awesome.

backfire