Michael Jackson's Death

3 Years Later

6/25/2012 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062512_jackson_memorial_v2_launch
Today marks the 3-year anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson -- an event that had an impact across the globe.

Tons of lives have been changed since that fateful day ... Conrad Murray went to jail ... MJ's kids have moved in with their grandmother ... numerous doctors have been exposed for sucking up to celebrities and giving them pills they shouldn't have ... and Corey Feldman got another 15 minutes of fame.

Of course, the world mourned together during MJ's memorial service at the Staples Center in Los Angeles ... when his daughter Paris choked back tears and said how much she loved her father ... and when Jermaine performed his touching rendition of "Smile."

Michael was eventually laid to rest at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, CA.

He was only 50-years-old.

Captain

are we still talking about this?

Annie.

That's it? Don't you remeber what really happened on June 25, 2009? That was the day when the real music died, millions of people cried, websites collapsed. Then MJ was called phenomenon, the king, genius... Now media forget how they hurt Michael and they continue to destry other famous people just because of their fame. That someone is famous is doesn't mean that she or he becomes propertity of media and can be followed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...
Now there's no such a great ARTIST as Michael was and all that's left is hope that we'll meet him someday.
It's been 3 years and I still don't understand the sentence ''Michael Jackson is dead'' it's so unfair and unbelievable.

SusanCoyote

That despicable family is still trying to milk it for all it's worth! Look at Janet, she is a terrible actress. Who wears sunglasses in doors??? Pathetic bottom dwellers.

sashanailor

I wonder if many of you here who support Michael would field differently if it were your child he molested? Or would you still be here, online praising such a s***bag?
Michael cried about his childhood, many people have similar stories and do not go to Michael s extremes. Furthermore, why would Michael have young boys sleep in his bed? Are you serious?! I like the explanation Michael fans give, it's long and drawn out, and there's several reasons, but in reality, the easiest answer is usually the correct one, and that is Michael probably molested a boy ..........or two...........possibly three? Only he and Satan know for sure.

Rainbow

THANKS MICHAEL FOR YOUR DANCE AND MUSIC!!
I LOVE TOU MORE!!!!!

TruDru201

R.I.P Farrah Fawcett - since no one on TMZ seems to care that she died that day too.

BigRedFan

Paris, you are a beautiful young lady, but Michael was a sick man. He did have talent, but he threw that all away when he started molesting young boys. He paid his accusers off. People only "loved" Michael because of his money, including his own father.

sdh60406

Move On. This shouldn't have been that big a deal then and shouldn't be now.

Luz

Michael Jackson,Singer-songwriter, musician, composer, arranger, dancer, choreographer, record producer, actor, businessman and philanthropist, is recognized as the most successful entertainer of all time by Guinness World Records! His contribution to music, dance, and fashion, made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades.
We love you, Michael. Thank you for your music and all the years of entertainment. May God Bless You! RIP

aspire

Rest in Peace Michael, we LOVE you forever.

Luz

And thank you TMZ, for your remembrance of Michael Jackson on this day! Don't forget his birthday in August!

Alexis Carrington

They all finally have the same nose...

Shesinvincible

I can't believe it has been three years. It feels like yesterday. I just saw the Jackson's Unity Tour Saturday and it made me miss MJ even more. Yes, this was the first time I ever saw the Jackson's live and it's unfortunate that it is without MJ. They are excellent and I really enjoyed it, but it leaves me waiting for MJ's voice to come in. He was the magic. I will remember it for the rest of my life, just to be in the same building as his family is amazing. RIP MJ, you will live on forever in ours hearts and through your music. I will never forget you. My room is covered in all Michael Jackson pictures.

Eva

"light up your face with sadness,
hide every trace of gladness"...
I love this version of "smile" !!!

Bongo