Jessie J

Accused of Jacking

'Domino' ... from a Man!

6/27/2012 10:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0627_jessie_j_lawsuit_article
British pop star Jessie J is a "Domino" thief ... so says the singer of a California band ... who claims Jessie's smash hit is simply a ripoff of one of his songs.

Jessie is being sued by Will Loomis from the band "Loomis & The Lust" ... whose music has been featured on MTV's Iggy and the Spike TV show "Blue Mountain State."

In the docs, Loomis claims Jessie's 2011 hit "Domino" incorporates huge chunks of his 2008 song "Bright Red Chords."

Loomis claims he never gave Jessie permission to jack his song ... and is now suing for damages. So far, no comment from Jessie J's camp.

Fun Fact: Jessie J has sold more than 11 million singles and 2.5 million albums to date ... Loomis & The Lust have a very nice Myspace page.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

punkel

Both vocal meters sound like "Situation Nowhere" by The Clash

punkel

Both vocal meters sound like "Situation Nowhere" by The Clash

JessicaLeigh924

Ok, the songs sound nothing alike! I think I lost 2:41 of my life by listening to the other song.. It's bad. Have they even heard her song? No comparison.

julie

So because she has a big record deal she didn't steal it? Just like Beyonce? California logic. Stars can do anything and get away with it.

Nick

What, really? There's a chunk of song that sounds slightly similar in both songs, but I also know that it sounds familiar to another I've heard that came before, long before.

Do the brains behind Loomis REALLY think that the people behind creating Jessie J's music somehow wandered onto their MySpace page, heard their terrifically boring and unimpressive song and went "Hey, let's take the cadence that was in that song, the only thing that wasn't terrible and ALSO sounds like other songs I've heard, and sneak it in to her song! Muahahahah!".

Seriously, I hope these guys get laughed out of court.

Megan

They're just jealous that Jessie J is really famous now and they just want money.

anon

They both ripped off Big Audio Dynamite.

Jen

Obvious guilty is obvious guilty.

Typical of you TMZ to just write this off as jealousy simply because Jessie J (who by the way is offensive to most senses AND common sense) is successful.

I think there is a very very obvious resemblance and although I believe it is very possible two people come up with very similar melodies without copying each other I just wouldn't put it past her... the dates are too close and they are not unknown enough to presume she couldn't have possibly heard this. Not to mention she does pretty much anything for fame.

Victoria Butterworth