Nora Ephron's Family

0626_nora_ephron
update_bar
5:09 PM PT -- Nora has died
. She was 71.

0314_divider_graphic
Nora Ephron
-- the legendary Hollywood writer who penned the screenplays for "Sleepless in Seattle" and "When Harry Met Sally" -- is gravely ill ... family members are telling close friends.

The nature of her illness is unclear ... however there are reports she is suffering from cancer and is not expected to make it through the night.

There is speculation that Nora has already passed away -- we're told that's not true ... but there is little hope she will recover from her current condition.

71-year-old Ephron was nominated for 3 Academy Awards in her illustrious Hollywood career ... and was widely considered one of the most powerful women in the entertainment industry.

Among her most memorable films ... "Silkwood" ... "My Blue Heaven" ... "Michael" ... "You've Got Mail" ... and "Julie and Julia."

Ephron was married to (and famously divorced) Watergate scandal reporter Carl Bernstein ... before entering her 3rd (and final) marriage to screenwriter Nicholas Pileggi.

happypat35

I hope this isn't true. I love a few of her movies.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

I either disliked or actually hated most of the movies based on her work to be honest. But I do respect her exceptional career and the importance her work has for many, many people around the world. And yes, she is a legendary figure in late 20th century Hollywood for the enormous commercial successes that are connected to her name alone. "Is", not "was", because her work is still omnipresent on TV.

KnuckleDragger

"When Harry Met Sally"...the scene in the restaurant where Sally fakes an orgasm? Great acting. When the older woman looks at her waitress and says, "I'll have what she's having!"...genius writing.

We're gonna miss writers like this.

Jody

Typical Liz Smith. Nora's son tells her something personal and the b*tch runs with it.

amazinglybored

I she's dieing right now, then you shouldn't be talking about t TMZ.

Keyser Söze

Kinda shocked to learn that Ephron is 71 - seriously thought she was younger.

If she's suffering a lot right now, I hope it's only for a short amount of time.

My thoughts go to her family.

writenow

She's the best. Best to her family. I loved her, "I Hate My Neck" - Nora's a very talented, classy woman. This is very sad news.

cancelledaccount

Very talented lady. My thoughts are with her and her family.

Tracker

test

debt

TMZ passing along bad info, I can't believe it!

scoob

to those of you out there with discusting comments, you should all be ashamed of yourself....this poor person is dying or dead...have some respect....it could be you one day or someone close to you......

Butch

Another poor soul MURDERED by the CRIMINAL TOBACCO PUSHERS and their ILLEGAL weapon of mass destruction, the TOBACCO DRUG!

BAN THE ILLEGAL TOBACCO DRUG, NOW AND PROSECUTE THE CRIMINAL TOBACCO PUSHERS, TOO!

HAYWOOD JABLOME

NO GREAT LOSS

Annie Evans

For those who shared snarky comments on this site about the passing of beloved Nora Ephron, kindly note: she was a brilliant writer able to voice how women - and men - feel about life, loss, love, disappointment, joy and so much more. We will miss her wit, her heart and her spirit.

If you do not understand why others grieve, kindly refrain from judgment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2