Ann Curry

The Final Cut

Is In the Works

6/27/2012 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0626_ann_curry_natalie_morales_article
In the case of Ann Curry and the "Today" show -- the writing is not only on the wall, it's in the editing room, because we've learned producers are already preparing Ann's farewell montage ... network sources tell TMZ.

Our sources -- and they are impeccable -- tell us they are determined to cut a deal with Ann by week's end.  We're told the deal is not closed yet -- as we reported, Ann wants her contract paid off in full to the tune of $20 million.  She also wants to leave the network.  NBC offered her a measly $10 mil and a diminished role in the news department.  We're told there has been "some movement," but the parties haven't struck a deal ... yet.

We're told NBC wants Savannah Guthrie -- Ann's replacement -- firmly in place before the Olympics so they can showcase her next to Matt Lauer.

One more thing ... There are reports "Today" news anchor, Natalie Morales, wants to leave the network because she's pissed off that she's now been passed over twice for the co-anchor job.  We're told -- by people who absolutely know -- that story is "total baloney."  We're told Natalie "loves her job and she's completely happy with what she's doing."

Maybe Natalie figured it out -- co-hosting "Today" is high risk.

Gimmedap

I like Ann Curry a bunch. I really think she's one of the best. She will go on to do greater things.

Susan

Savannah did not do well on MSNBC, why do the suits think she can handle NBC as an anchor? In reading all the comments, what is Natalie going to do when the fun is over with Matt?????

Ancient city girl

Hold your head high, Ann! Without you, the show is hopeless. Matt should be ashamed.

Fat Mike

Did you seriously just say your sources are impeccable?
Get real, you can't even get a low-level Charlie Sheen rumor right. How do you expect us to believe anything you print?
Ann rocks. Matt sucks.

Larry

I want to lick NatMo's *****.

Rjwrx

NBC lost the best replacement for Curry when they lost Amy Robach to ABC

mi2jax

Take the money and run Ann! The show's going down hill on roller skates. I don't watch the show any longer, haven't in a very long time. Matt is so boring and so self absorbed! They did you a favor Ann!

Tinalouise

Everyone needs to stfu about Ann and how great she is. She is terrible, can't interview to save her life, acts as if she is talking to a 2 year old all of the time and is a phony. She may be kind once in a while, but I have seen her be condescending and rude to guests many times and other times she comes off empathetic but it is so fake, She is certainly one of the reasons I stopped watching so all the Ann lovers can just follow her ass wherever it goes...good riddance.

PT

Boycott the show after Ann leaves ... I can't stand that smirking Diane Sawyer so I guess that leaves CBS and Fox.

KnuckleDragger

I like Natalie Morales. I like the way she bobs her head up and down while everyone else is talking...as if she agrees with everything.

jim

sorry nbc should of got rid od laur.

Jordan

Still Looks like a boring show. Good Morning America ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

CinDE

Ann Curry added class to the morning lineup after Meridith Viera left, and she was classy, too, by the way. The stories started to get lame before Ann came on board anyway; I figured that why the head honchos added her to the front desk. And yes, I agree Matt has gotten too big for his glasses. Good luck and God's blessings on whatever you do, Ann!!!

Barbara vice

Really ??!!! If you did not host the Olympics I would not even bother with your Morning show. you don't have anything but "FLUFF" on in the morning unless you are promoting Obama . You were always my "go to " in the A M. I miss good reporting. Maybe you
Will be back, but I hold no hopes

Michelle

Why doesn't the network wake up, let Matt go? He is the problem, he is so into himself that it makes me sick to watch him... Ann was great ...