Ann Curry

The Final Cut

Is In the Works

6/27/2012 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0626_ann_curry_natalie_morales_article
In the case of Ann Curry and the "Today" show -- the writing is not only on the wall, it's in the editing room, because we've learned producers are already preparing Ann's farewell montage ... network sources tell TMZ.

Our sources -- and they are impeccable -- tell us they are determined to cut a deal with Ann by week's end.  We're told the deal is not closed yet -- as we reported, Ann wants her contract paid off in full to the tune of $20 million.  She also wants to leave the network.  NBC offered her a measly $10 mil and a diminished role in the news department.  We're told there has been "some movement," but the parties haven't struck a deal ... yet.

We're told NBC wants Savannah Guthrie -- Ann's replacement -- firmly in place before the Olympics so they can showcase her next to Matt Lauer.

One more thing ... There are reports "Today" news anchor, Natalie Morales, wants to leave the network because she's pissed off that she's now been passed over twice for the co-anchor job.  We're told -- by people who absolutely know -- that story is "total baloney."  We're told Natalie "loves her job and she's completely happy with what she's doing."

Maybe Natalie figured it out -- co-hosting "Today" is high risk.

Savvy1

They should have picked Natalie! Savanah is too young, immature and WAY too tall! Sad for the today show.... They got it wrong AGAIN! Anne should never have been put in as head anchor.... Wrong personality completely for that group! Sadly so is savanah.... Viewers don't want to be watching serious news stories and interviews by someone who can't even pretend to have control of her interviews! Bummer. I think I'm heading to GMA. so long, call me when they replace savannah for Natalie!

P

I love Ann and Natalie. Savannah is good and cute but she has no top lip. Drives me crazy!

GetOutOfDenial

TMZ stands for The Mental Zone. But I am not a lawyer.

Jeff Portlance

I love Savannah so I don't mind her getting the job BUT I think Ann Curry is great and should not be let go... NBC is stupid to let her walk.

jayman419

If I were her, there is absolutely zero chance I'd let NBC get out of that contract. She has them by the short hairs if they didn't have language inserted to cover this, and I'd make them pay every penny.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Hey Ann..... SEE YA... don't spend all that money in one place. I wish someone hated me enough to pay me 10mil to disappear..

GetOutOfDenial

TMZ stand for The Mental Zone!

Seagirlization

I wont be watching either. I love Ann! Smart, cool, gave the show some integrity. Instead of a celebrity talk show.

Delorez Walls

Thank you Ann Curry! You are the Star of the Today show. NBC is making a Big mistake. I wish you well. xoxo

Anne

Farwell Today Show from a loyal veiwer. Matt should have gone, he is the reason the show stinks. Shame on you NBC. Wish Ann, Al and Dr Nancy would have a show of their own. Anyway....I will now watch ABC each morning. I will not watch any morning shows on NBC or the Olymphics that feature Matt.and Savannah. What ashame that NBC has to furnish someone to make Matt look good. Savannah, I think you just made a very bad career choice.

shibly33222

she is very stonished

sharon skinner

keep Anne...oust Matt, he needs to go !! Al needs to go too!! I'm done with NBC!!

NoBozo

Which is the one Lauer is supposed to have had the affair with and his wife is threatening to divorce him if she becomes the new anchor? Guthrie is a bimbo. Morales has more brains. Matt doesn't like brains.

Carol Pacella

Anne is a true lady, knowledgeable, wise, ethical, moral, kind, never sarcastic or crass. Is that why she had to go, Matt. You and your male friend are egotistical, narcissistic and bald {a big bruise to the male ego. Anne, hold your head up high and get everthingthey owe you. When one door closes another opens. I'll never watch the lowlifes on nbc again.

johnconners

Matt Lauer is a joke. Ugly, big nose, back stabbing clown. GMA hello !