Don Grady

'My Three Sons' Star

Dead at 68

6/27/2012 5:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0627_don_grady_01
Don Grady -- who played one of the sons on the TV classic, "My Three Sons" -- has died at the age of 68 ... this according to one of his co-stars.

"Sons" star Barry Livingston just posted on Facebook, "My dear friend and TV brother Don Grady passed away today. He was an inspiration to me in so many ways."

Grady had reportedly been suffering from cancer.

Grady was an original Mouseketeer on the "Mickey Mouse Club"  ... before going on to play the role of  Robbie Douglas on "My Three Sons" from 1960 to 1972.

Grady was also a pretty successful musician ... he's credited with writing the music for the Ellen Barkin movie "Switch" ... and the theme song for "The Phil Donahue Show."

Grady is survived by his wife Ginny and their two children.

0627_don_grady_remembering_footer_v2

Bridget

My mom always talked about having a crush on him.

Gone to soon. Prayers to him, his friends and family. RIP

NiceGuy

Oh Man,My jaw just dropped whan I saw that headline.Grew up watching that show along with Steve the father,Bub then Uncle Charlie,Chip and of course Ernie (allot people say I look like him).Then in the later years the women came on board such as Barbara,Katie,Little Dodie and Chip's wife whom i cant remember the first name of her(Paula?)Someone write in with that,please.So sad!!!Take care Don.

Faye

RIP. I'm starting to feel old. The people who were stars in my childhood are dying.

priceless

I loved that show. We need more shows like that--were there was a strong male lead.

NiceGuy

Oooopps actally 1960... when the show debuted the charecter,MIKE was the oldest child then Robbie then Chip.

jmac

Condolences to the family...As said by previous posts.... had such a TV crush on him watching that show. He was a looker. Him and TV wife Katie were the cutest couple!

tibbar

As I remember on the show Robbie and his wife had triplet sons. I had the biggest crush on him when I was a kid.

Raejean

Oh dear, I am old enough to remember him both on "Sons" and as a Mouseketeer! Sad that he is gone. He was originally the MIDDLE son on the show. Tim Considine (another Disney protege) was actually the oldest, and when he left, Ernie came on board (adopted, I think).

Brenda

I remember this show well. I miss the days when show were like this. he seemed like a very nice guy. RIP Don Grady

josephgein

My Three Sons was an awesome show. The writing was sublime. If you ever see the series box set, buy it! You'll be entertained in a way shows today cannot entertain. R.I.P.

KansasGirl

So sad to hear.

He performed at an assembly at my HS in Kansas in 1969.

RIP.

buzz kill

That su*ks, RIP

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Good show when TV was used to build up and teach society, not bring it down into the third world and Sodom and Gomorrah

tamara

So many dying 50 to early 70's. yikes!
I miss those respectable shows. So fun to watch.

palermo

Not Robbie Douglas! He was always the cutest one. RIP.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments