Ann Curry

Hard Feelings

Toward Matt

6/28/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062812_ann_curry_matt_al_today_launch
As Ann Curry said when she said her goodbyes on "Today" ... she wears her heart on her sleeve, so she made it pretty clear there's no love lost between her and Matt Lauer.

TMZ broke the story ... when Matt renegotiated his contract recently with NBC ... he made it clear he did not want Ann as his co-anchor.

So watch the video as Matt says the obligatory nice things about Ann at the end of today's show -- she does everything she can to not look at him. Compare that to her reaction to Al Roker and Natalie Morales, both of whom she looks squarely in the eye with affection.

And then Matt goes in for the kiss and Ann refuses to turn toward him. She embraces Al -- her good friend -- and Natalie, whom she calls a sister.

No doubt Ann has hard feelings, especially since NBC strung this out for months, making her a joke.

And, by the way, it was also telling that NBC didn't have Ann pass the torch to Savannah Guthrie, who was sitting off camera.

The folks at GMA have gotta be loving this.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Denise

Wow!! I agree totally. Matt Lauer is such an egotistic jerk. I really hope the Today ratings go lower. The NBC executives just do not get it Matt Lauer is the big problem. Good Luck Ann

CN

That was awkward. Can we move on now?

steph

i don't even watch that show anymore....matts annoying and the show jus irritates me!!

INdianaMom

Heart wrenching. Just heart wrenching.
Did NBC consider the 4th hour show may be ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE for the ratings decline?

Gotta

Everyone should tweet Matt laurer and let him know what a dick he is.

tracker

Ann,I just watched you and clearly Natalie was the real deal..however I admire that you did not kiss up to Matt,he clearly ruined the show and I exit now myself..good luck to you ANN, btw YOU ARE AWESOME..

anony

Lauer didn't like her because she wasn't someone he wanted to bang. He has to hope that they pick someone else who will succumb to his "charms."

Ashley

She's a better journalist than Matt will ever be, sad day....

Ace

Boo hoo....she's not gonna be the star. She's still going to make 10 million a year and I'm supposed to feel sorry for her.

your own luck

Matt, your insincerity is so obvious. We are onto you. You are not fooling us at all.

Drache Von Rostock

Adios Ann! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Glad she's gone. She sucked as a co-host, and was tolerable as a news reader.

Sienna Sacha

Lauer is s***. . . .liberal s***. .

TNJ

Ann Curry is a professional Journalist and a beautiful classy lady, Matt Lauer is an arrogant egotistical DICK. Now why do you think the rating tanked.

Good luck to you Ann.

Jas

I stopped watching when they added that annoying kathie lee gifford...feeling so sorry for Ann right now!

Meme

Matt Lauer is some stinky poo. I stopped watching this show a long time ago when I saw Al Roker reach out to touch Katie Curic on the arm and she recoiled in disgust. After that and it was clear to me then that the show has personality conflics galor.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments