Ann Curry

Hard Feelings

Toward Matt

6/28/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062812_ann_curry_matt_al_today_launch
As Ann Curry said when she said her goodbyes on "Today" ... she wears her heart on her sleeve, so she made it pretty clear there's no love lost between her and Matt Lauer.

TMZ broke the story ... when Matt renegotiated his contract recently with NBC ... he made it clear he did not want Ann as his co-anchor.

So watch the video as Matt says the obligatory nice things about Ann at the end of today's show -- she does everything she can to not look at him. Compare that to her reaction to Al Roker and Natalie Morales, both of whom she looks squarely in the eye with affection.

And then Matt goes in for the kiss and Ann refuses to turn toward him. She embraces Al -- her good friend -- and Natalie, whom she calls a sister.

No doubt Ann has hard feelings, especially since NBC strung this out for months, making her a joke.

And, by the way, it was also telling that NBC didn't have Ann pass the torch to Savannah Guthrie, who was sitting off camera.

The folks at GMA have gotta be loving this.

Sandy in DE

Ann got the shaft! I won't watch today any more. I will watch Hoda & KL at 10 and I will miss Al Roker but Matt Lauer is S*** of the Earth at this point. Ann made the show not him, that is why he wanted her gone. His Big Ego.

Marge

I thought what they did to Ann was horrible - I won't watch the show anymore

Anita

Matt Lauer has gone from being an okay anchor to egotistical jack-ass. Best wishes to Ann Curry for you are a far better anchor and human being. Matt has forgotten where he came from and someone has given him way too much power. His sins will catch up with him one fine day.

TeeC

Ann Curry was the only legitimacy that the Today Show had left. About 4 years ago, Matt Lauer became an embittered, predictable, grumpy man who seems to magically get PMS when he's interviewing certain guests. Al Roker, God bless him, is a highly intelligent, likable man--but he is still seen as somewhat of a punch line after that infamous spill he took while covering Hurricane Katrina. Ann Curry was the consummate newswoman--intelligent, precise, and trustworthy. The Today Show has screwed up royally. They ditch Ann but keep Kathie Lee Gifford's offensive arse? Wow. I'm permanently changing the channel to GMA, and I think others will, too. Let's see if NBC will grow some cajones and ditch Matt when the ratings drop this time...

Deskboy

The day he wore that dress as Jennifer Lopez was the day I wrote his sorry bee hind off.

Judi

This is somewhat like the Bryant Gumbel vs. Deborah Norville debacle and where is Bryant NOW? Matt - watch your step. You could wind up like Bryant - which would not hurt a vast number of America.

Rosemary Burr

I think they should fire Matt Lauer. NBC sucks butt. Who does Matt thinks he is? Karma baby Karma. If he thinks his **** doesn't stink then whew won't he be surprised. he is a dick.

LaVon

Too bad for that network.....they got rid of the wrong host! Will never watch it again.

Rrrrrachel

Ann Curry was the best thing that ever happened. Too bad the network doesn't recognize that it is Matt that is the downfall. As graceful and beautiful as Ann and her inner beauty are she takes the fall for Matt. Ugh what a horrible network mistake!!!!!

Rrrrrachel

Nice for the beautiful eligant Ann to take the fall for Matt what a yuck! The stupid network fires the wrong person to improve ratings. It must be a bunch of tight pants men who wish they were Matt. If they did an look at what most people like about the Today show they would have axed Matt!

Landofozboston

Matt: boring, tired, hair plugs didn't work, NOT a journalist. Ann: world class journalist, fresh, great voice, and humble. Would rather watch her than the arrogant, egotistical Matt. The nerve of him to kiss her on TV. Hope the world sees his true agenda and will no longer watch the Today show. GMA, here I come. At least, until Matt is fired in the same humiliating way that Ann was. NBC, you are so corporate. Not what America is looking for in their companies. It's about people and talent.
So now I see Matt and Al are on vacation after this pathetic handling of Ann. Enjoy Matt! Hope you can't return to your job.

Landofozboston

MARY GALLO

I WAS LITERALLY VERY SURPRISED WHEN I FIRST HEARD ANN CURRY WAS LET GO. MY THOUGHTS"WHY?"IT WAS A DELIGHT LISTENING, WATCHING HER PARICIPATE.SHE IS A DOWN TO EARTH, LOGICAL WOMEN.NOT A "BETTER THAN THOU",PERSONALITY. MATT, I KNOW SEE. YOU AS SUCH.

Maria Ashbaugh

I have been a viewer for more years that I can remember. but NO MORE! I feel NBC executives really messed up with letting Ann go. She was class and what they are doing now is "classless"!

hollyrock

Ann C. is a wonderful, compassionate woman who is obviously NOT appreciated by NBC! I won't watch that show anymore in support of Ann.

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments