Ann Curry

Hard Feelings

Toward Matt

6/28/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062812_ann_curry_matt_al_today_launch
As Ann Curry said when she said her goodbyes on "Today" ... she wears her heart on her sleeve, so she made it pretty clear there's no love lost between her and Matt Lauer.

TMZ broke the story ... when Matt renegotiated his contract recently with NBC ... he made it clear he did not want Ann as his co-anchor.

So watch the video as Matt says the obligatory nice things about Ann at the end of today's show -- she does everything she can to not look at him. Compare that to her reaction to Al Roker and Natalie Morales, both of whom she looks squarely in the eye with affection.

And then Matt goes in for the kiss and Ann refuses to turn toward him. She embraces Al -- her good friend -- and Natalie, whom she calls a sister.

No doubt Ann has hard feelings, especially since NBC strung this out for months, making her a joke.

And, by the way, it was also telling that NBC didn't have Ann pass the torch to Savannah Guthrie, who was sitting off camera.

The folks at GMA have gotta be loving this.

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31

Steven

First, she DID look at him.

Second, none, repeat NONE of you can say what type of person Matt is. No, I'm not defending him & I neither like or dislike him. It's just that you can't say those things if you don't know him personnally. How many times in your life have you said, "They don't even know me"?

sandy durbin

I want you to know how many of us miss you. Our family now watch Good Morning America. We wish you all the luck in the world you are such a good person you will be just fine good luck & we love you at ourhouse.

SG

Poor Ann. She did not deserve any of that. I've been watching the Today Show for years, but refuse to watch after what they did to her. Matt is such a snake.

rodenel007

get rid of him----he's a low class bum------won't watch NBC until he gone and Ann back

Lori Burkhart

Totally Agree Matt Lauer is a horrible person! Have stopped watching the today show- hope ratings go lower. They should all be ashamed of behavior.

david

the n b c source hungry to gossip. ann is a very good news reporter, and she will do good . and you guys continue with this situation because you need something to hang on that you are stuck on something that happened already . fine something new to talk about please .

Dave

This makes me sick. Matt kisses Ann and then when Ann leans over towards Al Matt just has this nasty sort of look on his face.

I've met both a number of times and Ann is right she does wear her heart on her sleeve and I can say that from first hand being I was at the show a lot and she is very genuine! Matt I always had the feeling of being stand offish not really caring to mix with the people that came to see the show just the feeling I got from watching him interact for about 6 months!

Ann should be brought back and Matt fired the big wigs at NBC screwed up big time when they let Ann go!!!

Kevin McNamara

I have just ran across this and wanted to comment. Anne has more class than Matt could ever hope for. I used to love the today show but went to GMA after that hole dissaster.
Why do people mess with a good thing? between Anne and the whole "third hour trash" GMA looks even better. bye bye today and everey day after that, I love you Anne and you know you are the real deal! you will be ok. think about yourself.

bullwhip

i will not watch NBC as long as that jerk matt lauer is there

bullwhip

matt lauer is a real jerk for a hoast

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31