Ann Curry

Hard Feelings

Toward Matt

6/28/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062812_ann_curry_matt_al_today_launch
As Ann Curry said when she said her goodbyes on "Today" ... she wears her heart on her sleeve, so she made it pretty clear there's no love lost between her and Matt Lauer.

TMZ broke the story ... when Matt renegotiated his contract recently with NBC ... he made it clear he did not want Ann as his co-anchor.

So watch the video as Matt says the obligatory nice things about Ann at the end of today's show -- she does everything she can to not look at him. Compare that to her reaction to Al Roker and Natalie Morales, both of whom she looks squarely in the eye with affection.

And then Matt goes in for the kiss and Ann refuses to turn toward him. She embraces Al -- her good friend -- and Natalie, whom she calls a sister.

No doubt Ann has hard feelings, especially since NBC strung this out for months, making her a joke.

And, by the way, it was also telling that NBC didn't have Ann pass the torch to Savannah Guthrie, who was sitting off camera.

The folks at GMA have gotta be loving this.

Gatanegra

I find Matt Lauer to be the biggest bore. I don't get his appeal at all.

Good luck Ann!

AlwaysOnTimeB

I feel so bad for her!! The pain in her face and voice is palpable. They are going to find out that Ann wasn't the reason the show was tanking. Matt's ego has gotten way to big. I feel sorry for whoever is replacing Ann, because when he gets tired of his new co-host, she'll be out the door too. I for one will not be watching the show anymore.

greatneck

Her replacement, nasty rodent appearance... When it is on, I turn program off program, while saying, shut up, butt head....This whole am, 'show' will be exiting the, shortly, good bye, baldy is unbearable...

the_truth_hurts

this over paid C is going to make well over 10 million for them to buy out her 2 year contract....she should take her money and keep her mouth shut and live on a beach somewhere...he did her a huge favor,no more getting up at 4am ...she should blow him on live tv every day for a year...biotch iz stuuuupid

karri

Hey NBC, MATT is the reason we don't watch the Today Show. He's arrogant, rude, and he's a cheating husband! Way to keep people with low character, and show Ann the way out. The higher ups at NBC are idiots!!

CoolPhosphorescentShimmer

I, too, loathe Matt Lauer and hope their ratings go even further into the toilet.

CYNTHIA

Ann is such a classy lady and the low ratings is NOT her fault...now that the executives have decided to place her in another position, we will just watch and see if the ratings will go up. I doubt it. Good luck Ann. ! From now on I am watching GMA !!!!!!

Joao

Right on, Ann. Keep it real.

david 183

Matt sucks.

campy

Oh so what. Get over yourself Ann.

llprincess

I can not stand to see how they are treating Ann Curry at "The Today Show". It is such a disgrace. I don't blame Ann for not looking at Matt and not wanting to give him a hug, knowing clear well that he doesn't even want her around. I know that she has all kinds of feelings but I always thought that she did a wonderful job. I hate the fact that they are letting her be the scapegoat...it is unfair. But I guess it is just as well that she does leave because why stay where you are not wanted...it just makes your job that much harder and the environment hostile.

moxie

I cannot believe there are people that watch that lame network, at least, long enough to critique it. NBC, and MSNBC blows.

PT

Help put Matt out of business by refusing to watch NBC. Shouldn't be too hard; their lineup is CRAP.

Karma

Matt Lauer wants to be the only one on the couch interviewing so he can pose like a girl. I love Ann Curry. She has always been my favorite on the Today Show. There was a comment made by Matt saying he'll send her to jump out of a plane or two..What a jerk. I'm done watching the Today Show. Crappy deal they handed to Ann

Rlg

Getting rid of Ann Curry just adds to the list of stupid things NBC has done. Keeping Matt Lauer is another.