Ann Curry

Hard Feelings

Toward Matt

6/28/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062812_ann_curry_matt_al_today_launch
As Ann Curry said when she said her goodbyes on "Today" ... she wears her heart on her sleeve, so she made it pretty clear there's no love lost between her and Matt Lauer.

TMZ broke the story ... when Matt renegotiated his contract recently with NBC ... he made it clear he did not want Ann as his co-anchor.

So watch the video as Matt says the obligatory nice things about Ann at the end of today's show -- she does everything she can to not look at him. Compare that to her reaction to Al Roker and Natalie Morales, both of whom she looks squarely in the eye with affection.

And then Matt goes in for the kiss and Ann refuses to turn toward him. She embraces Al -- her good friend -- and Natalie, whom she calls a sister.

No doubt Ann has hard feelings, especially since NBC strung this out for months, making her a joke.

And, by the way, it was also telling that NBC didn't have Ann pass the torch to Savannah Guthrie, who was sitting off camera.

The folks at GMA have gotta be loving this.

Chrissy

Ann isnt the problem on the Today show anyway. I cant stand Matt Laurer! Been watching GMA and CBS for some time now.

I really like the dynamics with the hosts on GMA and I love Charlie Rose on CBS. Depending on my mood in the morning CBS and ABC have all the Bases covered.

Tee

It's not Ann Curry's fault the show's ratings have slipped. People are tired of watching Matt's ego.

Tee

Sloane

find it fascinating that the past few days Savannah Guthrie has been sporting a new look...serious/credible/grown up glasses in an affort to look mature/credible/up to her new job
interesting huh?
wonder if that was her choice or the networks call
either way- it's rather obvious and pathetic to me
anyone else notice it?

LizLucy56

I lost all respect for NBC on this one. Ann is not to blame - I thought she was wonderful. All I can say is she handled it with class. Best wishes Ann - see you on Prime Time!

John dowser

he's a little gooner, good for her :)

bjay

Cannot stand Lauer. Good luck Anne. The Today show is a sinking ship and you are better off leaving now.

bobo57

Waaaa poor ann curry is getting 10+ million to leave. Waaaa poor Conan got 40 million to leave.
Gimme a break

Fat Mike

Watch the massive rise in ratings now that Ann is gone. haha, NBC are a pack of morons. Hurry up and fire Lauer nefore you have no viewers left

Marlyn

Matt is a total ass. Good luck to Ann

Not Today

Ironically, I don't watch TODAY because of Lauer. This just confirms that NBC blows.

Elle-Vee

I will no longer watch the Today show knowing NBC has terminated Ann Curry. She always displayed caring and humanity. Just wait and see .... ratings will dip even further with Savannah Guthrie on board. She is good with political or legal reporting, but has Zero personality.

Ann, my heart goes out to you for the future. May you be blessed, and in time see this "sad" day as one of the happiest of your life as you soar to great heights.

Live many millions of viewers, I love you.

George

WOW if the network ever wanted a survey of the show they should have done something similar without affecting the obvious most liked on the show Ann. Look's like most comments are positive for Ann and I agree.

Discretion

I am team Ann! The Today Show is going to continue to lose ratings because of this alone.

1mrtime

NBC seems to be the last to know they chose the wrong horse. Everyone is tired of Matt. Sure he's a great guy... we just don't care to watch him. Congratulations on losing more viewers!!!
Who is running this place?