Ann Curry

Hard Feelings

Toward Matt

6/28/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062812_ann_curry_matt_al_today_launch
As Ann Curry said when she said her goodbyes on "Today" ... she wears her heart on her sleeve, so she made it pretty clear there's no love lost between her and Matt Lauer.

TMZ broke the story ... when Matt renegotiated his contract recently with NBC ... he made it clear he did not want Ann as his co-anchor.

So watch the video as Matt says the obligatory nice things about Ann at the end of today's show -- she does everything she can to not look at him. Compare that to her reaction to Al Roker and Natalie Morales, both of whom she looks squarely in the eye with affection.

And then Matt goes in for the kiss and Ann refuses to turn toward him. She embraces Al -- her good friend -- and Natalie, whom she calls a sister.

No doubt Ann has hard feelings, especially since NBC strung this out for months, making her a joke.

And, by the way, it was also telling that NBC didn't have Ann pass the torch to Savannah Guthrie, who was sitting off camera.

The folks at GMA have gotta be loving this.

C-rad

Hey Ann, sue Matt for sexual harassment and for creating a hostile work environment! You've got the bonafide evidence of him kissing you on video and 100+ million witnesses that will back your claim! First Jay Leno cries to the suits now Matt "Sauer"puss?! Well at least we know one thing, the "C" in NBC doesn't stand for "class."

Barb

I will miss Ann Curry on the Today Show. She did an excellent job. I look forward to seeing her in her new role. It is a real loss to the Today Show.

jb

I will NEVER watch the Today Show again.

Ajalyn

Matt Lauer is pathetic and this morning he proved it with his obvious insincerity. I wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire! Curry is too talented and skilled to be in the same room with that loser.

cokeandpilates

I don't watch the Today show, it feels way too staged and fake. I think Matt Lauer felt threatened by an intelligent, talented journalist and he went out of his way to get rid of her. Well, he succeeded. Best of luck to Ann, Matt can suck a bag of *****.

Angel

Boycott NBC until Matt Lauer is gone! Enough of him!

average jane

I agree with so many of you. I can't stand Matt Lauer. He is the epitomy of arrogance. Ann Curry was my favorite and she was the reason why I watched the show. I'm switching over to GMA as is almost everyone else I have talked to.

Nazelie

Ann Curry is horrible and was horrible was she was just the news reader at the beginning of the show. Good riddance!

Lena

She should've punched him in the sack. I'm sure his wife would've thanked her.

Veronica

I have been a fan of the Today Show for many years and find it hard to believe they would remove Ann Curry who is a professional and outstanding journalists. Go figure....maybe the problem is not the female anchors??? NBC should re-evaluate this decision and switch Matt Lauer also.

joesamaggot

Ann is a pro and a pleasure to watch and Matt is a bully who needs to be fired. I will watch any show that has Ann Curry! Chin up Ann, you have much support!!!

Tess

EVERYONE...BOYCOTT THE SHOW! Imagine if YOU were treated the way they have treated poor Ann!
Matt Lauer......you are one phoney stinker, to put it nicely! Hope KARMA bites you in the ass.....you deserve it!!

JoeFrancis

To those that are still going to watch the today show i suggest you record it and watch GMA live. THEN after it's over, watch the today show but skip all the commercials. The sponsors will jump ship and head over to GMA leaving king matt all alone to rule when he fires everyone thinking it will help with the ratings.

TxGal

We should boycott the Today show and see how they like that LOL. Let's see who Matt L. will blame.

sotiredofthis

Lauer the Louse - whose ass is he kissing and whose "toes" is he sucking to stay? Ann was NOT the problem. Lauer is quite simply an aging (not so graciously), egotistical totally phony ********. Quit watching Today years ago BECAUSE of this *******. When I did watch, it was BECAUSE of a piece Ann was doing. NBC - you idiots.