« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Fear the Brow' Owner

Anthony Davis Can Have

My Trademark ... For a Price

6/29/2012 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Anthony Davis and that unibrow.
Anthony Davis
will have to pay through his nose if he wants to buy the famous "Fear the Brow" trademark -- at least according to its current owner, who tells TMZ, he doesn't plan to sell out for cheap.

Reid Coffman -- owner of the University of Kentucky apparel store Blue Zone -- trademarked "Fear the Brow" last November for his popular Davis-themed merchandise. Davis attempted to trademark the SAME phrase earlier this month.

0628_fear_the_brow_subDavis -- who was drafted to the New Orleans Hornets last night -- hasn't officially challenged Coffman's trademark, but his recent trademark filing is a clear sign Davis plans to go to war over the slogan.

Unfortunately for Coffman, it's not a cut-and-dry case just because he filed first. Anthony arguably has a viable claim to the trademark because the "Fear the Brow" slogan trades off his persona, particularly his extremely unique face hair.

Nevertheless, Coffman insists he owns the full rights to the trademark because he created the slogan -- and if Davis wants to buy it ... he's willing to play ball.

Coffman wouldn't specify a selling price -- but tells us, "If someone like Nike took this slogan over it could be worth millions." Coffman says he's currently ready to accept offers.

Calls to Davis' reps were not returned -- but moments before he was drafted, Davis was asked about the trademark filing ... and he responded, "My agents and my parents talked it over and they came at me with the idea. And I loved it. Who doesn't love money?"

062812_anthony_davis_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BOOGERKING

Pure F***ing laziness. How hard is it to pluck that ****?!

bubblezzz

Ummmmm, he's a hot mess! Kinda weird looking and the earrings do not help!

ifaliceknew

Chef Hugh Acheson had the trademark brow first. Everyone else is just a copy cat. =P

alyssa

he brings all new meaning to the word "unibrow". He is one ugly mo fo

Whizdom

His face hurts my eyes.

whocares

I LOL so hard when I see his pictures

Tammy

This dude is in serious need of electrolysis!! I'd be scared to death if I saw this man on the street late at night because that is serial killer looking creepy.

Jexica

Is this a really ugly woman or. . . . a really ugly man? I thought it was a man but kinda looks like a woman. Weird.

LCS27

The guy of the photo is scary ugly

Superman

You're rich now. Just laser that crap off above your nose. No chick wants to see that.

andria

Since when are unibrows 'extremely unique'? The only thing different about this guy then like, every other person on the planet, is that he's too lazy to pluck his eyebrows.

Level34

DAMN! Those lips should've been trade marked as well.

Gretel

Ewww ... just ewwww. Aside from the Bert and Ernie brow, someone forgot to tell his brow person that he is a man and not a lady. He has a lady unibrow. Not very attractive ... or masculine.

Bubba Bafflor

In other news, it looks like the NBA has it's first ever gay number one draft pick. Maybe I'm wrong, but this guy looks as gay as a three dollar bill. I'm not saying he is, but dude--if you ain't going for the "I pack fudge" look on purpose, you need an image consultant STAT.

KnuckleDragger

This is funny. This guy looks like one of those morphed celebrity scramble photos. No, really...look at it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments