'Today' Show

Savannah in Ann's Chair,

But Mum's the Word

6/29/2012 6:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062912_guthrie_opening_today_launchSavannah Guthrie was alongside Matt Lauer on "Today" this morning … in the barely-cold chair that once belonged to Ann Curry ... but producers wussed out on making it official.

In fact, the beginning of the show was highly irregular -- the announcer always intros the anchors, not today on "Today."

TMZ broke the story -- Savannah has already inked her deal to replace Ann ... this after Meredith Vieira turned down an offer to return to the show.

Now it's unclear when the announcement will be made. We're told Matt is on vacation next week ... ditto for Al Roker.

Well, at least there will be plenty of time for the announcer to nail that new open.

TheCat

It's time to switch morning shows. If this is the way they treat one another as they smile and tell us to trust them, no thank you.

rosebud

Seriously, I think it should have been Matt's ass that was thrown out the door. But the today show is Another stupid show I don't waste my time watching, I have better things to do.

MIKEHUNT

WHERE'S HER TOP LIP?

schoen1

Ann's new job sounds more interesting and diverse than working on the Today show. Also, she won't have to work with Matt anymore or any of the other childish people on that show.

static

Don't feel bad for Curry she's drying those crocodile tears with a 10 million dollar check.

saynotolies

I've only watched a few times...hated it because of the way Matt was acting. Annoying as helll! Let the people have a chance to talk Arswipe! How many people have come and gone? NBC, I think you are making huge mistakes. He needs to go, and furthermore, I think they should get some new head honchos as well!

LuvTMZInTheOC

I'm pretty sure she is nearly a foot taller than Matt. Checked out the show at 8:00 and they were outside and I swear he was standing on something so that she would not be towering over her. What a loser...

nickp91

Savannah Guthrie seems to be replacing Ann Curry

Truth

WATCH THIS CHIC TODAY... SHE SUCKS. BITCH IS ALREADY HAS A SMALL POT BELLY. TODAY SHOW SUCKED SINCE JANE PAULEY AND BRYANT GUMBEL LEFT. NOW YOU HAVE A BALD HEADED DOUCHE BAG IN MATT LAUER PEVERTEDLY LEARING AT ALL THE LADIES. I SMELL A LAWSUIT SOON ENUFF... #TRUTH!!

Truth

WATCHED THIS CHIC TODAY... SHE SUCKS. BITCH ALREADY HAS A SMALL POT BELLY. TODAY SHOW SUCKED SINCE JANE PAULEY AND BRYANT GUMBEL LEFT. NOW YOU HAVE A BALD HEADED DOUCHE BAG IN MATT LAUER PEVERTEDLY LEARING AT ALL THE LADIES. I SMELL A LAWSUIT SOON ENUFF... #TRUTH!!

FLO

NBC created lots of bad PR for themselves with their dispicable treatment of Ann Curry. Many viewers are disgusted with Mutt Lauer and will tune out, Way to go NBC you should have paid Ann Curry the $20 milion!!!!!!!

Sandra

Savannah is not going to bring ratings back and I predict she too will be gone within a year!!! Natalie would have been a better choice and for sure the creepy Lauer has had his day!!

Fat Mike

haha, love the still on that video. I bet Matt's seen her in that pose plenty of times.
Matt Lauer is a douche!

Butterfly

AMY ROBACH MADE A SMART MOVE when she joined ABC. She has been welcomed with open arms and it shows , unlike Today where they gave her a raw deal, too! Her eyes are brighter, her smile is genuine, not forced , as on Today. She has found her home and fits in beautifully with the entire cast and, it shows! Best Wishes, Always! Hopefully, Ann Curry will find the same atmosphere in whatever she decides to do! Best Wishes to you, too, Ann!!! Good Luck!!!

Chris

I really think the NBC execs are out of touch. I'm a Nielsen viewer, and the reason I don't watch is because Matt acts so arrogant.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments