'Today' Show

Savannah in Ann's Chair,

But Mum's the Word

6/29/2012 6:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062912_guthrie_opening_today_launchSavannah Guthrie was alongside Matt Lauer on "Today" this morning … in the barely-cold chair that once belonged to Ann Curry ... but producers wussed out on making it official.

In fact, the beginning of the show was highly irregular -- the announcer always intros the anchors, not today on "Today."

TMZ broke the story -- Savannah has already inked her deal to replace Ann ... this after Meredith Vieira turned down an offer to return to the show.

Now it's unclear when the announcement will be made. We're told Matt is on vacation next week ... ditto for Al Roker.

Well, at least there will be plenty of time for the announcer to nail that new open.

LAguy

Never been a fan of the Today Show, but this is what NBC does. They screwed David Letterman, they screwed Conan O'Brien, and now Ann Curry. Not the best decision makers over there.

Butterfly

I AM AMAZED AND DISGUSTED how Matt Lauer, whom I always admired, was unable to mask, all along, his true feelings against Ann Curry and then, on her last day, kiss her above her forehead as his "goodbye"wish and tribute. I felt like kicking my computer at him but, I didn't , because I think more for my computer than I now, do, for Matt Lauer. How could I be so wrong ??? I never, never, considered him to be "two faced" but, there it is, truth and all!!! I know enough about "life" not to be shocked, but , something usually pops up to bring me down to earth, such as this!!!

RaineeDrops

Mat's kiss on Ann's head yesterday was like the kiss of Judas.

He is a jerk!

ShrinkWrap

Give Matt enough rope and the egomanic will hang himself, eventually. The attention whores always do.

PT

Doesn't matter - watched the CBS offering this morning; it wasn't so bad. No more Today show for me. Plus the doggone political commercials are getting to be a little too much anyway. The FCC needs to ban them.

alex

cowards

Susan62509

The "Today" Show made a big error getting rid of Ann Curry just because Matt Lauer didn't like her. Hopefully this show will be off the air before Matt returns. Paybacks are a b**ch Matt and your fan based dropped eought to shut down the show.

obama'saracist

will not watch this tripe news shows are so not news anymore,no class overpaid idiots

whocares

they all suck

dierdre

I think Matt Lauer is a disgusting PIG> This guy is so homily, he'd stop time. I really had wished they would have fired him instead of Ann Curry. It won't be long before he is chasing after this new girl Savannah on the show. She better watch out. I never could stomach this guy. He needs to get a reality check and leave the Today show. Your popularity rating plummeted down the drain.

Susan62509

Nothing like putting a knife in Ann's back and kissing her on the forehead at the same time. None of Matt's friends can ever trust him again. He's a bald headed wuss. I will watch every assignment Ann will present and help drive her rating up as she has earned and deserves. Down with Matt !!!!!

obama'saracist

he didnt like ann because she is of asain linage

Tasos

Considering how shamefully NBC treated Ann Curry, how it objectified her, I switched over to ABC this morning.

paul

support Ann here:

Heidi

MUCH better fil........ Enjoying it very much!! :)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments