'Today' Show

Savannah in Ann's Chair,

But Mum's the Word

6/29/2012 6:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062912_guthrie_opening_today_launchSavannah Guthrie was alongside Matt Lauer on "Today" this morning … in the barely-cold chair that once belonged to Ann Curry ... but producers wussed out on making it official.

In fact, the beginning of the show was highly irregular -- the announcer always intros the anchors, not today on "Today."

TMZ broke the story -- Savannah has already inked her deal to replace Ann ... this after Meredith Vieira turned down an offer to return to the show.

Now it's unclear when the announcement will be made. We're told Matt is on vacation next week ... ditto for Al Roker.

Well, at least there will be plenty of time for the announcer to nail that new open.

Drache Von Rostock

They should have made her the host a year ago, and we wouldn't be having this discussion. Ann who?

LawyerWannaBe

Why did you say "I'm sorry", Ann? Why did you think you didn't cross the finish line? You did. In the normal workplace, your involuntary departure is considered Wrongful Termination! It seems the only reason you were ousted by the network, wasn't On-Air style or chemistry, it appears that you just weren't white enough, now seeing Savannah next to Matt. It would appear then, the visual was the network's reason, as you did your job perfectly! And I loved watching you on the show, as did we all! Maybe – if you bleached your skin, and died your hair, they would have kept you on. It would seem to suggest. Shame on them! And any workplace who does that to a person, and makes them cry on their job because they booted them out – without sound reason or justified cause – should be sued! Giving you a fancy title and another position, and money, seems a way to avoid that?

mymy

I have switched to GMA.
Matt, when I was child and did somethig wrong to other people my mother wold remind me that 'what goes around comes back aroud,, and its usually seven times seven.
That is Karma' a B...

vixis

This morning was the first time I watched Good Morning America, their summer concert is SO MUCH BETTER...they had the band ROFLMAO. The blonde reporter is pretty hot, I think I am going to like this.

tuiolt7i

it was not Ann Currys fault . it is Matt Lauers fault. they should have got rid of him.

have a nice day

Matt Lauer is like one of those giant TURDS you just can't flush down the toilet fast enough!

Cooper

great - two talking douches.......

opinionatedrls

I will not watch anymore, moving over to GMA; after 15 years they want to blame her for poor ratings after 1 year in the seat. Not watching...no loyalty

carmen

MATT,MATT,POOR MAN.YOU ARE SNAKE,POOR SNAKES.SORRY SNAKES. YOU ARE OLDER.MUCH,TO MUCH.I SEE PREYAR FOE A JOB. ANN,IS MUCH BETTER,THAN YOU.BUT REMENBER YOU NO HAVE NEW FOR NBC.AND YOU NO WHAT THE CEO THE NBC,YOU FIREEEEE.I WHANT TO SE YOU,,WHET YOU SAY, LIVING,SON OF B..............

daisyducko

Is she not a younger version of Meredith for Matt??

daisyducko

Isn't she a younger Meredith??

LindaJay

Someone said something about always showing us disease-of-the-day shows. Yeah, give us a break, we got our own sob stories. Looking at us every morning with the sad-face. What a downer. And broken animals. Too much is too much.

Cindy

I'm not going to watch Today show now either, too cold hearted. Anne had class, Matt apparently doesn't.

John Flaherty

If you want your ratings to. Come back, you should put Hoda with Matt. I believe the chemistry would be perfect.

Wilson

Are you kidding me? Ann Curry seems nice and all but she cannot interview worth a damn! She stumbles over words, sentences, etc. Finally we get a host who can actually speak intelligently! It's about time! I used to cringe every time Ann would interview anyone.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments