Tom Cruise Divorce

KATIE FILED Wants SOLE Custody

6/29/2012 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0629_katie_holmes_tom_cruise_sole_custody_divorce_suri
Katie Holmes is the one who filed for divorce and Tom Cruise was "blindsided" by Katie's legal move ... TMZ has learned.

We know Katie filed the divorce docs in New York on June 28, citing "irreconcilable differences."  She is asking for sole legal custody and "primary residential custody" of the couple's 6-year-old daughter, Suri.

We also know Katie is asking for a "suitable amount" of child support .. this according to the divorce docs.

Katie also asks for a division of property in her divorce docs, although we know there was a significant prenup that is based on California law.  Katie makes no mention of the prenup in her filing.

We're told Tom is "very sad" and "did not see this coming." He was spotted wearing his wedding ring just this week while filming in Iceland. Interestingly, Katie also wore her ring this week.

0629_splash_tom_cruise_juneWe're also told there is some "nastiness" here, evidenced by Katie's move to get sole legal custody.

Tom's rep has released a statement saying, "Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children.  Please allow them their privacy to work this out."

Katie's divorce petition was filed anonymously, without names.

0629_tom_katie_suri_launch

bury hold

but tom is a big fat ****ing ***got!

Lennie

maybe because Tom is Gay, LOL!

Phred

What do you want to bet the Church of $cientology is involved in this somehow? I wouldn't blame Katie Holmes one little bit for wanting to keep her daughter free of its influence.

Hailey

I really feel for Katie - nobody ever took her relationship seriously, everyone was saying from the start she was wasting her life, and I can only hope for her we were all wrong and this is a recent thing. At least hopefully she gets custody, and hopefully the father gets lots of access as I believe strongly in fathers' rights. I just hope this wasn't what it looked like; an arrangement mostly in Tom's benefit. Katie's a beautiful woman and always seemed so nice and I hope she didn't lose too much in the process of coming to where she is today.

robw

She will never get sole custody unless she is willing to unload real bombshells. I mean real stuff she can back up with solid proof against him. Cruise will have his own top attorneys. UNless she is willing to go all the way, no way she gets sole custody. Shared custody most likely.

TruthRevealed

This must be the happiest day in Nichole Kedman's life.
Tom, Karma is a bitch, Not!!!!!

anninimous

Scientology my ass, i bet it was because of the lack of sex

Amberley

Come on...she was with him to boost a career that is non-existent...sorry that's the bottom line...and to those of you saying he is gay...who gives a crap...atleast he is a good actor where as Katie was just his arm candy...guess what he is a good dad, and she seems to be a good mother....so she is trying to be a bitch by wanting sole custody...they should share joint...wtf...she is bringing that baby into the middle of all this...

Sammy

Maybe Suri walked in on him and his boy toy.

Jen Smith

I wonder if this has anything to do with scientology. I tried to take a "course" with them once and went to an intro meeting. When I became uncomfortable and tried to leave I wasn't allowed. People running the event blocked the door. I was really scared. I eventually asked to use the bathroom and escaped to my car that was. I drove home shaking and crying, not believing what happened. That was not the end. The next day a church member showed up at my house, somehow bypassing our community gate.
I think scientology is a crimminal organization involved with human trafficing. Maybe Katie became more aware of this.

hermanwarren

neighbor's step-aunt brought in $19301 the previous month. she is making income on the internet and got a $549400 house. All she did was get blessed and put into action the advice revealed on this web site migre.me/9yv82

chris

tom cruise looks like a control freak, and katie seems like she has issues, but remember there is a child involved this is going to get nasty, suri should live with grandparents until this blows over.

Ritu Chattha

Is this the same reason Nicole left him – just wondering?

Took Katie a long time - but she finally saw the light. Good luck Katie and Suri.

I’m not the right person to comment on Scientology and Christianity , they mix or they don’t…..same goes for Tom being gay or not.

But it's funny how people are so stupid and refuse to believe the truth. It's not that being gay is a big deal; it's lying to everyone and marrying all those women to hide it.
Here’s a short parody on Tom Cruise - You Found Out I'm Gay that I saw this morning, can’t help to share it here - http://liveoncampus.com/wire/show/3389514

Ritu Chattha

Is this the same reason Nicole left him – just wondering?

tedsalser