Karen Klein

Bullies SLAPPED With

One-Year Suspension

6/30/2012 5:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0630_Karen_Klein
The four hooligans who ruthlessly bullied school bus monitor Karen Klein have officially been served their punishment -- and it's a big, fat suspension.

In a statement released by the Greece Central School District ... the four seventh grade boys who taunted the 68-year-old grandmother were issued a one year suspension from school, a one year suspension from bus use, ordered to perform 50 hours of community service with the elderly and are required to participate in a bully prevention program.

The district added that the boys will be sent to the district Reengagement Center -- a special alternative education program -- since by the law they are required to provide an education.

If you recall ... Klein's story received national attention after a 10 minute YouTube video of the boys bullying her on the bus went viral. She has said from the beginning she did not want to press criminal charges.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

HappyQuails

What about the girl who was also bullying her? She was every bit as much involved!

SaphireStar

I could not believe how offensive those brats were, just unreal how rude & cruel. They chose the actions, but now they cannot choose the consequences!!!

viv

It's mentalities like Chuck's that today's generations is the way it is. Let me guess, you think that sending them to "see a therapist to get to the root of their emotional problems" will suffice, right?
IDIOTS!!!

jayman419

I disagree with sending them to a diversion school. Ban them from the buses, make them do community service, require them to take sensitivity training, but giving them a year with the hard cases seems like it is derailing any potential benefits the other rehabilitory decisions.

amanda

I'm not sure about the years suspension because I'm not sure we have alternative educational facilities for children that young and I don't think that would happen here? But anyone defending young children harassing an elderly woman? What is wrong with you? How is harrassment is any way shape or form acceptable? And from such young children? Would it be okay if they were harrasing your child? Or in this instance your mother, your child's grandmother?

car transport companys

"This is my first opportunity to visit this website. I found some interesting things that video was awful how could treated they like this??????????????

James

this is ridiculous. I agree with community service and with not letting them ride the bus but what sense does it make to take kids who do dumb things out of school. If anything they need more schooling. And losing a year of your education can ruin your life. She got 500K out of this. I don't think her life has really been irreparably injured. This is what we American's always do, we ignore a major problem for years and then try to solve it all at once with a way over the top gesture.

James