Katie Holmes

Scientology

Is Watching Me

7/1/2012 8:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0701_cars_splashKatie Holmes believes Scientology now views her as a threat to the organization and has put a team on her tail ... sources close to the actress tell TMZ.

We're told Katie believes in recent weeks -- as the discord between her and Tom Cruise grew -- Scientology has been following her moves, especially in New York City.

This does not appear to be the mind of a paranoid person. People who have photographed Katie multiple times tell TMZ there have been several "mysterious" men and vehicles around Katie's apartment and following her when she's out.

Specifically ... a white Cadillac Escalade and black Mercedes SUV (see above) have been seen near Katie's NYC apartment for the past week.

FYI -- there is a publication that has put a tail on Katie, but the people doing that are separate from the people Katie believes have been dispatched from Scientology.

It is unclear if the two vehicles that have been constantly spotted near Holmes' pad are from Scientology or from the publication.

If Katie is able to keep the divorce in New York -- where courts generally like to award sole legal custody to one parent or the other when there is conflict -- proof that she's being tailed could help her case.

We put in a call to Scientology ... so far, no word back.

RaineeDrops

If they are following her, they only are backing up just how creepy this cult is, it shows that they try to use intimidation to control or frighten someone. Cults who send out people when someone leaves the cult, is a red flag that the cult is up to no good. If someone chooses to leave a cult, I have heard of stories of tires being slashed, home invasions, stalking, etc. to try to intimidate the person who left the cult or who is exposing the cult.

Get Suri away from them Katie. I hope her legal team can do all they can to at least save Katie and Suri from this creepy cult.

South Beach

I wouldn't put it past Tommy boy to have his daughter kidnapped just to make the point that her mother "can't keep her safe".

"Rock of Ages", turning the big 5-0, an ego maniac anyway, this couch abuser could end up the newest citizen of Crazytown.

I'd be azz deep in bodyguards and spending every day at the range.

bearforce1

Scientology is evil Scientologists are evil and nasty bastards.

DaveT

Is Tom trying to take Suri away from Katie?
Ah OK...so it's just Katie trying to take Tom's daughter away from him.
Wonder which person is sincerly good and which is vindictive and selfish?
Things that make ya go Hmmmm...

Daniel Levy

I can understand her fears. Went to a class on scoring films at a Scientology Center in LA a number of years back.

Afterwards they would call me to solicit their "religion" several times a week, despite my repeated requests to stop. Finally had to threaten a lawsuit to get them to stop. Reminded me of a rabid animal wanting to spread their disease.

me

Kudos to you TMZ for reporting this

Caleigh

Get a few big bodyguards, and leave NYC under cover of darkness, and go into hiding. Horrible that she is being watched. Tom Cruise is bad, a horrible father, and a sneaky snake, and his movies, I doubt I will ever watch one again

Home Skillet

Scientology is a CULT, not church ... the people who are members of Scientology are BRAINWASHED and have lost their compass for sound, clear decision-making. If you love your family get out of - or stay out of - the Cult of Scientology.

rebroxanna

We're behind you Katie! Stay strong. don't give up Suri to the Scientologists. You might want to contact Nicole Kidman (God knows what she was threatened with to keep her from making trouble and give up her kids). The ultimate best case scenario would be for this last blow to finally wake Tom Cruise up and leave that organization.

melody

Davet said:
“I'm neither naive nor a member of Scientology...and I know nobody is following her except paparazzi ”

@Davet
Better come up with something better,
Paparazzi couldn’t afford a Cadillac Escalade or Mercedes SUV

BB not bb

Why is Tom even involved with this wacko group? I thought he had more sense than that. He used to be a marginally cool actor for not doing much, now he just makes boring blockbusters that make him look cheesy. He could have a career without them. The Scientologists are a danger to Suri and to Katie as well. Anyone who doesn't take their orders is a target.

Look at all of the bizarre accustations coming at John Travolta out of nowhere. If they can't prove he is gay, they try to say he beat people up. I think maybe he refused to follow some order and they are trying to make him toe the line.

Scientology is some bizarre satanic New Age, alien agenda type cult. No one with a mind of their own or common sense would want to be assoicated with it.

tmzfan

I like Katie and wish her and Suri the best, but don't you think she would of seen the "real Tom" when they were dating and he kept his other kids from Nicole? I just think she had to see this coming. But again, I like her and wish her and Suri the best.

jo

@melody...agreed

Tom Jones

Katie has been declared "SP" - Suppressive Person.

Lee

that's creepy, but very believable. the scientologists and the mormons are frightening