Anderson Cooper

'The Fact Is, I'm Gay'

7/2/2012 8:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Anderson Cooper ... The fact is, I am gay.
Anderson Cooper has revealed ... he's gay and he's proud.

Cooper made the announcement in a letter to Andrew Sullivan, who was doing a story for TheDailyBeast.com about the social impact of famous people who come out as gay.

Sullivan reached out to Cooper for his thoughts, to which Anderson replied with a letter.

"There continue to be far too many incidences of bullying of young people, as well as discrimination and violence against people of all ages, based on their sexual orientation, and I believe there is value in making clear where I stand," Cooper wrote.

"The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud."

"I have always been very open and honest about this part of my life with my friends, my family, and my colleagues. In a perfect world, I don't think it's anyone else's business, but I do think there is value in standing up and being counted. I’m not an activist, but I am a human being and I don't give that up by being a journalist."

0702_out_footer

Bob

We all knew the Anderson "takes it in the pooper" Cooper was gay.. Who cares!? Tired of theses gay wads making a big deal of "coming out of the closet." You don't hear straight people coming out and saying I'm straight! You bring it on yourself.

halina novakovich

Gay or straight you are awesome !

KnuckleDragger

I just got through doing the math...and according to my figures, there are 3 more gays left in the world keeping their "secret". Once those gays decide they need to tell us all which type of human they'd rather have sex with...the clouds will clear, the sun will come out, the birds will start singing and we'll all hold hands again.

/sarcasm

Fifty Shades of WTF

This is basically like Jim Parsons. I kinda always knew, and whats the big deal? Why is this stuff news anymore? It's a non-issue.

Cooperd

Anderson Cooper is Gay, Anderson Cooper Leaked email Gay Message Here

trppo

Another one ... bites the dust!

how lame

No wife and a lot of time spent with some Cuban looking guys. Duh.

Toilethead

I don't care if he's gay or anything else. He had everything he ever could have wanted handed to him, but he went out there worked his butt off and became one of the best reporters on tv today..

chzbrgrmachne

This really isn't news but good for you Anderson. b :) d

ritz

WHAT? :O Anderson... really I guess no one else is surprised by this? as I am lol

OooooNooo!

We all knew he is Gay -- the big question is if he is a top or a bottom?

Bruno

Just one fleeting moment I think I read "Tom Cruise: the fact is I'm gay" Maybe tomorrow though...

anony

(yawn) Now, if that was Travolta, THAT would be news.

StarryStarryNight

seriously...why make a comment at all about your private life?

LoudMouth

In other shocking news today...the earth is still spinning. Why announce something that everyone knew? I would like to announce that my cat likes tuna fish.