Anderson Cooper

'The Fact Is, I'm Gay'

7/2/2012 8:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Anderson Cooper ... The fact is, I am gay.
Anderson Cooper has revealed ... he's gay and he's proud.

Cooper made the announcement in a letter to Andrew Sullivan, who was doing a story for TheDailyBeast.com about the social impact of famous people who come out as gay.

Sullivan reached out to Cooper for his thoughts, to which Anderson replied with a letter.

"There continue to be far too many incidences of bullying of young people, as well as discrimination and violence against people of all ages, based on their sexual orientation, and I believe there is value in making clear where I stand," Cooper wrote.

"The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud."

"I have always been very open and honest about this part of my life with my friends, my family, and my colleagues. In a perfect world, I don't think it's anyone else's business, but I do think there is value in standing up and being counted. I’m not an activist, but I am a human being and I don't give that up by being a journalist."

0702_out_footer

I Was About To Say

NO KIDDIN...DUHHHHHH.

paigehop

How can anyone be "happy" about having their butt drilled?! It's not natural and it has to hurt. Fact is, the butt was not created for penetration by anything bigger than a suppository (and that's not even comfortable).

Thanks for the huge revelation, Cooper. We couldn've have lived w/o knowing what we already knew, you silly goof!

American Patriot

um...All red blooded American men knew this already......he should like women not men....im sure its cuz he was rejected by a woman when he was developing as a young man.....sad.

EarthAngel

Why is it still SO important to have to know who or what ANYONE does behind "closed doors"?? It's somewhat like asking me....a hetero who loves all...."do you have sex, and if so, what are your preferences?" So what??

Who Knew

And Travolta just sprang wood on this news, he'll have to beat Cruse however.

ic

Always knew and love him as he is the best at what he does...it is his life I wish him all the happiness that he deserves

moe

BIG BAG OF DUH! WE ALL KNEW HE WAS GAY.
HE JUST NEVER WANTED TO COME OUT TO THE PUBLIC. SO MUCH FOR YOU BEING PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE!

jokerchick

no sh*t

Dan Frederiksen

now he's part of the LGBTNP community

Jody

Well no kidding!!!

paigehop

@msdawndawn said, "Anderson it is so brave of you coming out at the tail end of string of stars announcing their proclivities."

-----

No pun intended, right?! LOL

RA

DUH!

paigehop

Oh my lawd, say it ain't so! ;-) Cooper, you and Don Lemon and the rest of [all] the f*ggots on CNN are simply silly.

hummm

And the world takes a collective sigh of relief...

Big Boy Pants

I am as startled by this as I am by the TomKat divorce .... All joking aside, good for Anderson - he seems like a decent fellow.