Beyonce

Diss at BET Awards

7/2/2012 7:35 AM PDT UPDATED: 7/2/2012 1:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

070212_bet_awards_hill_launch
update_bar
1:00 PM PT -- Mindless Behavior
just apologized for the diss, tweeting, "We meant no disrespect to our girl Lauryn Hill last night, it was a bad joke. We're big fans and hope you're not mad!"

0314_divider_graphic
Beyonce wasn't laughing when a boy band DISSED Lauryn Hill at last night's BET Awards ... in fact, Bey was so upset, she changed her acceptance speech (on the fly) to HONOR the former Fugee.

So let's start with The Diss -- Comedian Mike Epps and the group Mindless Behavior were co-presenting the award for Best R&B Artist when Mike jokingly tried to sing.

One of the members of the group quipped, "You sing BAD ... like Lauryn Hill's tax accountant bad."

The diss drew gasps from the crowd ... and pissed off Beyonce, who ultimately WON the award that was being presented.

But TMZ has learned ... B was so upset, she scrapped the speech she had prepared and defended Lauryn's honor instead ... saying, "I want to thank all the talented R&B women that came before me like Lauryn Hill and Mary J. Blige."

When B walked off stage, there was a woman waiting for her -- possibly a BET handler -- and B began to vent about the insult, saying the Lauryn Hill diss was "disrespectful" and "not cool."

The woman complimented Beyonce for adding Lauryn Hill's name to her acceptance speech ... to which Beyonce replied, "I just felt [the diss] was wrong."

We called Beyonce's rep for comment -- so far, no word back.

Oh A 💛💋

Beyonce is a deaf bitch ! If she was listening she would of heard he said Lauren hill tax accountant bad ! Bitch get your fax right ! Going to the BETawards looking a hot mess with that dry ass wig on ! And they put her as the most beautiful women ...... Mother ****er better recheck they **** !

Deana57

I think that it is so sad how everyone is attacking Beyounce, I feel that what they said was wrong too, it was not called for. Stop being angry cause that woman got a little money please that is a true sign of weakness. They must have some talent to be where they are. Are you there seems like a little hating going on here.

hotro

HILL didn't pay taxes on purpose. She showed no respect to other decent people who obey the law and pay their taxes. Hope they lock her up and throw away the key! Queen Beyo needs to get over herself,

NoPower

The only thing that piss me off with Beyonce is she always have to play the hero and she is not that nice or gives a scrap about any other artist. Everything is to move her career.

Idar77

Didn't watch the award show...they're all the same, but... How is it a diss towards Ms. Hill? Wasn't that statement made against her accountant, which in fact probably told her that she better pay what she owes before... Award shows are meant to have something said wrong or go bad, or why else would people tune in.

Naee ...

It Was Scripted So She Needs To Chill , Calling People Disrespectful When She Doesn't Even Know He Facts . Smh . .___.

dominic

Who give a DAMN about Bey being pissed. She will get over itor as they say she will be alright when the swelling goes down....geeez

newyawkahbroad@optonline.net

Beyonce?? Grow the f**k up!! You have a child to role model for now. Get out of middle school already!

naps

you can tell he didnt want to say it look at his facial expressions

Haterssss

JRT9584 I'd reeeeeally love to see your ass sing and dance at the same time somewhere. Beyonce not talented? HAHAHAHA here I pulled a seat for your ass \__

Yeah, I agree that BET awards isn't the most polished and King Bey shoulda known better, but as for ya'll hating on her... HAHAHAHA! Hatin' ass bitches... can't say a spec of anything positive. SMH.

TOTS

She's upset about this, but not bothered by Paltrov's comment...Is this what you stand for?

Valencia

Blah Blah Blah! She knew they were going to diss Lauren she just fronting like she with the young Lady Taylor Swift! I find it weird they always diss someone when she appear! Them Illuminaties are a hot mess... They trying to make Lauren life a nightmare because she is exposing them! Beyonce cut the bs with the throwing rocks and hiding your hand! Beyonce is a beautiful liar and horrible actor! Wake up folks this girl is pure evil!

Ashley

How can you say BET is racist when Justin Bieber, Christina Agulara, EMINEM etc has been on the award shows, and their videos have been played countless times on BET?? White comedians have been on Comicview as well. BET was created when "white"stations like MTV & VH1 wouldn't play "black" music so they made their own network. Get your facts straight before you make a comment like that.

Sarah D

Beyonce's remarks were a diss as well: I want to thank all the talented R&B women who came before me...." In other words - you "before" talented R&B women are over - done - just not as good as the mighty B. Beyonce doesn't sing - just screams. She doesn't dance she just groin thrusts and her manners from what I hear are pretty nasty (the Waverly Inn incident with the ambulance getting in the way of the mighty B's path - well I'm some of you know the story). Beyonce is a phony. I will never ever buy her music, merchandise, concerts, movies, etc. Rather give the money to Lauren Hill.

Sarah D