Katie Holmes

Here's What Freedom Looks Like

7/2/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0702_katie_holmes_pcn_launch_smiling
update_bar
10:14 AM PT --
Katie is in NYC to tape an episode of "Project Runway: All Stars."

We're told Katie will be a guest judge.

0314_divider_graphic
Katie Holmes
finally surfaced in New York City today ... flanked by security ... and sporting the look of a woman who's unencumbered by marriage or religion.

It's the first time Katie has been seen in public since she filed for divorce from Tom Cruise last week.

According to reports, Tom is still in Iceland ... where he's been filming a movie.

gloria

I hope she doesn't cave in for money during this divorce, if she sticks to her guns and goes after what she is legally entitled I think she can expose and bring the house of Scientology down. Epic.

kitnplayn

This is what Katie had to live with:

BellaBoo

Ohhhh is that a glimmer of LIFE I see in her eyes?? :-0

Heidi

TMZ, YOU STATE..." TMZ broke the story, Katie is bailing from the marriage because she believes Tom wants to put 6-year-old Suri into a hardcore Scientology group known as Sea Org." THAT IS 'NOT' FACTUAL REPORTING, IT'S RUMOR, SPECULATION, HEARSAY, 'SOURCES'!! BOTTOM LINE, NIETHER KATIE OR TOM GAVE YOU THAT INFORMATION DIRECTLY, THEREFORE, IT IS 'ALLEGED'... DON'T TAKE CREDIT FOR PRINTING A 'LIE'.. ANY RAG' MAG' CAN DO THAT! DISAPPOINTED IN TMZ!

M Haller

HER GLOW IS BACK!!! YEAH!

dave

Her last great film was Thank You For Smoking, just before she hooked up with Tom, She was in crap (did not do Batman sequel) I bet because he did not want her to outshine him. Good for her! Hope she goes back to making great films.

chloe

What she never looked happy with Tom? As I recall she did so I don't get the comments. Did he force her to marry him, to live off of his money, which she looked like she did as well as her parents. You all seem to forget Tom did not lie to her about his "religion" she followed him and his millions down the aisle. So please enough of the victims routine. She knew what she was doing, and I bet she was trying for kid #2 because she could get a lot more Child support with 2 kids instead of 1. She is a very calculating woman, waiting for him to be out of the Country and not that long ago holding hands with him in NYC.. She will use Suri any way she can for $$$$$ plain and simple. I'm not a fan of Tom but everyone knows what he is..

Mark

Katie....you finally look happy after all of these years. I think that is the first time I have seen you smile since you married that freak. Congratulations katie...we are all rooting for you. You will be so much better without him in your life.

Pound Sand

Katie's eyes actually have life behind them again. She looked younger than her age and all of the stress lines are gone. She has a big fight ahead of her but she is heading in the right direction. F**k Tom Cruise and his insanity of a cult.

Becky

It is so good to see Katie smiling a genuine smile again. Wait until the stress of the divorce is over. She'll be beaming. I hope Suri can give us a real smile again soon.

Tonia

I am so glad she is happy and away from that creep!

Fat Mike

What a difference a week makes. Marry me, Katie!

Liza

Wow, even though she has the fight of her life ahead of her, she looks fresh faced and like the weight of the world is off her shoulders.

I'm so happy she has been brave enough to say "enough," and move on from that controlling maniac and his cult.

A lot of people (myself included) made sarcastic comments about her after she got together with him and thought, "well, she knew he was a scientologist from the beginning..." Truth be told, she got swept off her feet and was in love. Maybe she thought she could change him. What woman hasn't thought about that. I know I have.

She is a totaly bad ass for pulling this off and I will be cheering for her to get her kid and raise her in a normal, loving home.

Team Katie!

Joan K

She looks pretty again, not stressed.

DaveT

...."The Church of Scientology is adamant ... nobody under the age of 16, including Suri Cruise, is allowed to join its elite Sea Organization. "....
---
Bahahaha! :D
What a bunch of *fools* you anti-Tom readers made of yourselves ;D
All your rants about Suri going to Sea Org...were for nothing! Haaahahahaha!
Like I said, none of you Tom-haters care about facts, can't reason, are uneducated, and behave like gossipy neighborhood meddlers ;)