Mel Gibson's Step-Mom

Wants Restraining Order

Mel's TERRORIZING Me!

7/2/2012 10:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0702_mel_gibson_01
Mel Gibson THREATENED his own 78-year-old step-mom ... SPIT IN HER FACE ... and sabotaged her marriage ... this according to legal docs filed by the woman and obtained by TMZ.

Teddy Joye Hicks Gibson -- who married Mel's father Hutton Gibson in 2001 -- has filed for a restraining order against Mel ... claiming he exploded on her several times and now she fears for her safety.

In the docs, Joye claims Mel and his sister Maura hate her guts ... because she doesn't approve of the controversial medical treatments they've been pressuring Hutton to undergo to treat his various ailments.

In the docs, filed by attorney Brian J. Kramer, Joye describes several outbursts in detail:

October 2011 -- Mel screams at Joye because Joye does not approve of "experimental Ozone treatments" Hutton was undergoing for an undisclosed illness.

"Mel began yelling and saying, 'f*ck this and f*ck that' while leveling other extremely offensive language at me."

Joye claims Mel warned her "not to f*ck with [Hutton's] treatments in any way."

January 2012 -- While visiting Hutton in the hospital, Joye claims she said something that set Mel off ... and "Mel got up, looking wild and began yelling at me in a very loud and terrifying voice."

"Mel was so upset and screaming so fiercely that I could see his face turn red."

March 2012 -- Joye, along with Mel and his sister Maura, accompanied Hutton to Panama for stem cell treatment for his hip.

Mel was cooking food and offered some to Joye ... but she declined due to a stomach ache.

Joye claims, "Mel looked at me in disgust and said that I was insulting him by not eating. He then threatened that if I did not eat he would have me put outside."

May 2012 -- During a family meeting to discuss Hutton's health care, "Mel became incensed and began acting like a wild man."

Joye claims Mel began screaming right in her face ... noting, "He was so close that I could feel his spit hitting my face."

She claims Mel's eyes "looked as if they were bulging out of his head."

Joye claims she was paralyzed with fear and later vomited because of the incident.

In the docs, Joye claims Mel and his sister MUST have manipulated their ailing father into filing for divorce ... because Hutton is a devout Catholic and doesn't believe in divorce.  Plus, she claims Hutton recently penned her a love note claiming, "Our mutual love is permanent."

Joye claims Mel is even trying to force her out of her home ... because it's owned by a charity that Mel controls. Joye says she has no place else to go.

Joye wants a judge to block Mel from booting her from the home ... and prevent him from interfering with her attempts to communicate with her husband.

She also wants Mel to stay 100 yards away from her at all times.

Moments ago, a California judge decided, rather than issuing a temporary restraining order, to set the matter for a full hearing ... which has been scheduled for next month.

No immediate comment from Mel's rep.

craig

Mel,if your reading...I hope your racist father gets plunger fuqed by a black jewish lesbian

elizabeth duckworth

OMG.......everyone needs a stepmother who eager to sue, wonder how long he has had to deal with this witch? I hope not since childhood.

ALICE

I used to live need this man in when he lived in Florida and man o man does he have a sewer mouth. quite a role model for his 7 seven kids.

2idiots

HEY TELL - perhaps you can offer up some PROOF that Teddy was skimming. But please give me something more solid (believable) then that BABY SHAKING Mr Mel tried to use as his excuse for smackin' OG around. God knows that story held water like a colander

Cujeaux

OMG 2is - you're too funny! This whole thing has me LMAO! I don't see too many ROFLs from Wahbit today! It seems like this has flock in a VERY foul mood!

Tell you don't possess the psychic ability that I have. You know it doesn't make any logical sense for Pappy at his age and state if health to file for diivorce, nevermind go after TJ for spousal support WHEN HE'S ON HIS DEATH BED! You know damn well Gibnuts is behind it because of the rancor he has with TJ. She's got written proof that Pappy doesn't want this.

If he were a good son, he wouldn't be fighting with TJ and exposing Pappy to it. He's afraid of TJ and wants her expunged, but is going about it all wrong.

Giblitiz set them up AFTER he set up the Riley Fund. Prior to that TJ paid for the house they lived in. He may have paid for Pappy's house using the Riley Fund, but it's a stretch to say he willingly paid for TJ. It was Pappy's choice to marry and co-habitats with her. Now at her age, finding housing is difficult. The fact that Gibby would have her out on the street shows what a callous ahold he truly is.

BillTampaBay

Never ever try to come between a beaver and it's pop.

homest

Gibson is a nut who should keep his mouth shut. He show's his ignorance whenever he opens it. Stop blsming TMZ

Janet

Mel's admitted his anger problems. He loves to attack women (and Jews, and you can probably put gays in this group). But he's so damn rich that he can buy his way out of any trouble that he gets himself into and afford the "best" legal help.

How is his 78-year-old step-mom going to be able to defend herself against him?

I can't wait until he picks on someone richer, bigger and more famous than he is.

He's one sick puppy, even foaming at the mouth, and yes, if he were a dog, he'd be dead by now for having attacked too many people.

Wish for his kids' sakes he'd get some help that made a difference.

Gustav LaFong

Say what you want, but that Kim Kardashian has a tremendous set of knockers. As for Mel, he's okay. Leave him alone.

Richard

I have already commented once before on this situation; and I believe that the judge is right on track with scheduling a hearing. The rest of my comment is directed at Mel. First off, I'd like to say that I admire you as an actor Mel; and I've seen alot of your movies if not all. I would like you to stop and think outside of that actor's box and realize how hard you're making life for others around you? Mel, just imagine if it was you and not your father who was ill? I was my mother's primary caregiver until her death. I watched my mom shrivel up from end stage renal disease. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Big Boy Pants

She sounds like the kind of chick who would creep into Hutton's hospital and yank the plug ... good on the kids for protecting their father.

Cujeaux

2is: Now we know why Gibby wants TJ out. When Pappy dies, Pappy can't will the house to TJ because it doesn't belong to him. Gibby is afraid he's going to have to let TJ stay in that house until she dies - which may be an issue since it may not fall under whatever 'charity' guidelines he's following. (Pappy probably bragged to TJ that it was purchased using the Riley Fund as I can't image Giblitz being stupid enough to tell her.) it's questionable whether or not it's legal to use the funds for Pappy's housing to begin with.
If TJ continues to live in the house she could try to pass it on to her heirs in her will. That would get very messy as well.

Kicking her out using the excuse that she was trying to kill Pappy was the only way he could come up with to make it sound legit. I would go as far as to say that these 'experimental' treatments were used as a way to ignite the disagreement. For all we know Pappy could be as healthy as a horse in the first place.

babyann

Many younger women are looking to date older guys, mainly because older guys are relatively more successful in career and understand better how to treat their women. Many couples with age gap work out fine and get alone splendidly. ( Agelessdate _℃OM ) is a focused community for older men dating younger women. If you are ready for a new adventure, give them a try!

shempbat

She sounds like a crazy old seahag.

big chief

One sided article! Why didn't TMZ interview Maura? Interesting that Mel is victimized for caring for his father. TMZ is so transparent. Still waiting for TMZ to victimize Gwyneth Paltrow for belittling and calling her grandmother a C. NT on national TV. They won't touch her. She is not Catholic.