Andy Griffith

Already Buried

7/3/2012 12:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0703_andy_griffith_3
Andy Griffith
only passed away a few hours ago -- but TMZ has learned, the Hollywood icon has already been buried.

A rep for Twiford Funeral Homes in Manteo, North Carolina tells us, Andy was buried at 11:30 AM on his family farm on Roanoke Island. We're told Andy had previously requested to be buried immediately after his death ... so that's why it all happened so fast.

We made calls to find out if Andy was embalmed. No one was talking, but we're told it's legal in North Carolina to bury people without embalming them.

We're told Andy's burial followed a small, private service with close friends and family in attendance.

Andy was 86.

ZenaBuddyGirl

Im pleased that the family decided to Bury Him Immediately after the Service..Jewish People do it all the time & it seems to work out just fine.He was a proud & wonderful man.He needed to be Buried in dignity without people whom he didnt know running around him trying to snap photos of his family,G-D Rest His Soul..Bless Him!

ZenaBuddyGirl

Im glad that he was buried directly after the Service, the Jews have been doing it for ever & it hasnt hurt us any! He was a Proud man & needed to be buried as such,without a parade of people whom he never knew running around trying to snap photos of him to plaster all over the papers..G-D Rest His soul,Peace be with Him..My thoughts are with his family.

Rodney

WTF? Sounds like its out of A Dracula Novel...

kj881

Who does he think he is? Osama Bin Laden? die and get buried at the same time.

Gerry Grant

RIP ANDY...My prayers are with the family...

kerrplunk

Dude was still warm!

Pinky

Maybe I have read to many Poe stories but all I can think is what if he wasn't really dead and they buried him alive? At lest when you wait a few days you can catch that or at the very least if you were not dead before being embalmed you sure would be after.

MrHarrybawls2010

Is that a picture of his wax figure at Madame Tussaud's?

JC of Texas

I'm so glad that his family was spared from the barrage of media that would have likely been parked on their doorstep!! May already be there!! Back off and give the Griffith family their time to grieve!!

I grew up watching "The Andy Grffith Show" and "Mayberry RFD"..... now that was great family entertainment!! =) Andy Griffith was an awesome actor..... and he'll be missed!!

Many thoughts and prayers to the Griffith family....

Ali

A fitting, natural way to be buried, no fuss, no frills just his close family on his beloved ranch. He was an iconic man. So very gifted at everything he did and kind of like everyone's Grandpa. Not a pretentious or arrogant bone in his body. He gave so much to all of us! Best wishes to his family and may he R.I.P. and soar with the angels.

Nicoleasm

If he wasn't embalmed then he's going to be nothing but bones in a few weeks

Princessnridge

My grandparents retired from Buffalo to Mt. Airy in the mid 80's. I remember fondly getting the tour of his town and my grandpa's stories of how Mayberry was modeled after Mt. Airy. I also cannot forget the big trip to the gravel pit a huge sightseeing event in that part of the state. I lost my grandma in 2009 and my grandpa a year a go July 11th. Today is my oldest daughter's 22nd Birthday and in a way it is fitting that he passed. He was a great man admired by so many. May he rest in peace and know he gave so much laughter to so many others.

Rich

Ash to ashes...dust to dust...Andy left this earth the correct way. God bless you Andy, I have ALWAYS respected your work.

jason

that is messed up how family go after a life insurance claim like this ..rest in peace andy but your claimers can rot in hell*

jason

its messed up how his family waited for him to die and then to bury him immediately after he died.know what that says? that says the family cant wait to get on that life insurance claim, thank jesus he aint gotta deal with there **** anymore because what the family are doing is not only hateful but a great example of "only in it for the money".i hope they can deal with the guilt because andy will visit them when they sleep*