R. Kelly

... to Divorce My Wife

7/3/2012 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0703_r_kelly_getty
update_bar
11:43 PM PT --
Kellys' ex-wife Andrea tells TMZ ... she doesn't believe "The Notebook" truly caused their split ... telling TMZ, "[The movie] came out in 2004 and we saw it together.  Our divorce wasn’t finalized until 2009 so it’s impossible that the movie could have been the reason for our relationship ending. "

She adds, "We had been separated for 6 years at that point! The movie definitely did not end our relationship!”

0314_divider_graphic
R. Kelly
is blaming Ryan Gosling for ruining his marriage ... sorta ... and it's all because of R.G.'s performance in "The Notebook."

Kelly just revealed some incredibly personal secrets in his new memoir, "Soulacoaster" ... including an explanation about why he decided to divorce his former back up dancer Andrea Kelly back in 2009.

Long story short ... Kelly claims after watching the movie, he realized his own 12-year marriage couldn't stand up to the romance featured in the flick.

Here's the explanation in Kelly's own words:

"As the film credits started to roll, I couldn't move. I burst into tears. People walking past me patted me on the back, trying to console me. 'The Notebook' was beautiful, and I was crying because its hero and heroine had died together.

But I was also crying because I remembered a Valentine's Day -- when a helicopter dropped a rainfall of roses -- that had come and gone ... My marriage had died. And there was nothing I could do to bring it back."

Damn you, Gosling.

Laura

Why does every picture of him have him sweating like a pig? Give that man a towel!

john johnson

i think it was all the little girls you screwed, you pervertic bastard...this joke ass chump should drink a glass of razor blades.

redriverrunt

It's nice that he can get so absorbed in fictional stories. I think i will send him a copy of "Thelma and Louise" and the keys to my old car.

Carl

whatever......that's BS if I ever heard it.......you can't believe anything that comes out of his mouth......lying peice of sh*t

Oh A 💛💋

No R .kelly probley divorce his wife because she wouldn't let him pee on her duh !!!

Kady Heron

Is this for real?
Saving Thousands of People Hundreds of Dollars a month. Join the club today. Just click -> http://www.saversclub.us

devid77

yah guys its really working. Its an awesome money making site. join now: http://lazycash23

devid77

peaches01

I would love to read Van"s take on this claim,from rkelly!!!!!!!

Jen

what an idiot.

dd

Oh, and the underage girl had nothing to do with it?

arao fumo

People stop blamin things change!!!

J

Poor guy, I think he may be confused just a little or Ryan Gosling has more control over R. Kelly's life than R. Kelly has over his own life.

AlwaysMe

Oh get over it...letting a movie so called break up your marriage is down right stupid

Thonas77

She was just his cover up girl anyways.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments