Will Smith and Jada

Mum's the Word

on TomKat Divorce

7/3/2012 6:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

070312_will_smith_splash_launchWill Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have a decision to make ... 'cause now that their good friends Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are in the middle of a nasty divorce, they've gotta pick a side.

Will and Jada were pretty tight with TomKat -- they famously attended the couple's wedding at an Italian castle back in 2006.

The Smiths flew in to LAX yesterday, even though they weren't talking about the split ... but the smart money is on the couple siding with Tom ... because Will has gone out of his way to defend the star in the media, especially when it comes to Scientology.

In fact, back in 2007 Will told "60 Minutes," "When I sit and I talk with Tom Cruise, he is one of the greatest spirits that I’ve ever met – someone who is committed to making the world better."

He added, "You have people [that] are attacking and wanna fight that don’t know nothing — how you gonna not know nothing about Scientology and attack somebody? It’s dangerous and it’s ignorant."

“How can I condemn someone for what they believe and I believe that God was born from a pregnant virgin?”

ShrinkWrap

Will is going to side with whomever can help keep him relevant.

Jude

Nobody can convince me otherwise. There are many reports on the web that Scientology is a cult for closeted gay men and their beards. I believe these reports of rich men being able to be "free" under the uber secrecy and the anonymity of Scientology. I believe that is why Will and his beard..I means wife was drawn to it. Will has been suspect for years. Travolta has gone off the reservations with all of the suspect massages. He should have kept it in the cult.

Fat Mike

No, Scientologists are dangerous and ignorant

Tee

How are they "in the middle of a nasty divorce", when she just filed, and so far there is nothing concrete, just speculation as to what will happen?

jargon nelhouse

God was born from a pregnant virgin? Thought it was God's son. Also, Will don't know nothing about ways to talk right. People are hurting. Divorce is sad. I want everyone to be happy. I hope we are all OK after this. Joe Rogan podcast by night. All day.

Michael

"how you gonna not know nothing about Scientology and attack somebody?" Oh man.

Patrick

"...and I believe that God was born from a pregnant virgin."

What religion is that? in my religion we belive ist was Gods son, who was born by a virgin..... :-)

PG

"that don’t know nothing — how you gonna not know nothing" Um, OK. Will also wants us to believe he turned down an education from MIT.

Tammy

God was not born from a pregnant virgin! Jesus Christ was!!

Joao

Will Smith affiliation with Scientology is purely about a logistical career move, must like Sammy Davis Jr. thinking that converting to Judaism would insure him a job since Jews then and now manipulate and control the media.
Furthermore, I hope he insist that his kids get a better education than he had...
"You have people [that] are attacking and wanna fight that don’t know nothing — how you gonna not know nothing about Scientology and attack somebody?"
What the hell is he talking about, people are attacking and want to fight because they know about Scientology. Why would that seem unusual to him or maybe I didn't understand. I didn't get all those "not know nothing". Perhaps he should get to not know none of the things people know and then he'd would know. If you know what I mean.

Bridget

Jada wears the pants in the family.

Jada tell Will to side with Katie, lol.

MiscavigesBitch

Of course there on my side. We wack jobs gotta stick together. Yeaaaaah!

Flower

"— how you gonna not know nothing about Scientology and attack somebody? It’s dangerous and it’s ignorant."
Double negative much.
And, yeah...it's ignorant.

big'un

Will is probably a closet scientologist. His defense of Tom and his cult was foolish then and he should take care not to alienate his own fans now. Most people will think, who cares, just another celebrity divorce, but most people also do not agree with Scientology and will side with Katie in her attempt to save her child from them. Will Smith would be smart to stay out of it and chose his friend wisely.

Regina

Ummm, God was born from a pregnant virgin?????? I think he means Jesus was born of Mary who was pregnant and a virgin. I think celebrities sometimes shoot their mouth off about stuff they know nothing about, like the Bible. As much as I like Will Smith, he needs to keep to reading scripts or actually pick up the Bible and read it and understand it. He shows his ignorance when he says stuff like that.
I know that a lot of people don't believe in God or don't think he has anything to do with our lives. I for one am not one of those people. I do believe in God and believe that he has a huge influence over my life. With that being said, Will is listening to the wrong person. Whoever told him that is incredibly stupid.
So Tom is a spirit huh??? Wow. He can single handedly save the world all by himself?? He can't even save his marriage yet he can make the world a better place. That's the height of pride and arrogance and narcissism. Pride goes before a fall and I see a HUGE, MASSIVE fall coming for that man. He's putting himself in God's place and that is a VERY DANGEROUS place to be.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments