Katie Holmes

I Don't Want Scientology Interrogating Suri

7/4/2012 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0703_katie_suri_getty
Katie Holmes
desperately wanted to save Suri from a form of interrogation practiced by the Church of Scientology that she was steadfastly against ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Katie tell TMZ, back in 2005 she had witnessed Tom's other kids participating in a Scientology ritual she found to be troubling ... and feared Tom would drag Suri through the same process.

Ex-Scientologists call the process "sec checking."  Here's the way it works.  The subject holds electrode handles on a device called an e-meter and is then asked a series of personal questions that help the Church locate "areas of spiritual distress."

0703_the-e-meter
Some ex-Scientologists claim the questions include:

-- What has somebody told you not to tell?
-- Have you ever decided you did not like some member of your family?
-- Have you ever bullied a smaller child?
-- Have you ever lied to a teacher?
-- Have you ever done something you were very much ashamed of?
-- Have you ever refused to obey an order from someone you should obey?
-- Have you ever gotten yourself dirty on purpose?

During the process, a person called an "auditor" collects e-meter readings.

Several ex-Scientologists have come out against "sec checking," claiming it's a mild form of psychological terrorism designed, in part, to get children to report on their parents.

We're told Katie would have none of it and it is one of the reasons she broke from the Church and ultimately Tom.

joe gillis

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
HCO BULLETIN OF 21 SEPTEMBER 1961
Missions
SECURITY CHECK CHILDREN
HCO WW Security Form 8
The following is a processing check for use on children.
Children's Security Check
Ages 6-12
1. WHAT HAS SOMEBODY TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL?
2. HAVE YOU EVER DECIDED YOU DIDN'T LIKE SOME MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY?
3. HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN SOMETHING BELONGING TO SOMEBODY ELSE AND NEVER GIVEN IT BACK?
4. HAVE YOU EVER PRETENDED TO BE SICK (ILL)?
5. HAVE YOU EVER MADE YOURSELF SICK (ILL) OR HURT YOURSELF TO MAKE SOMEBODY SORRY?
6.HAVE YOU EVER WANTED SOMETHING VERY MUCH BUT NEVER TOLD ANYBODY ABOUT IT?
etc etc

BB not bb

You notice how you never see pictures of Tom and his two teenage kids, only Tom and Suri? Where are those other kids? Have they been shippped off to Sea Org already and that is why Katie is afraid that the same thing will happen to Suri?

No rational parent would want their kid to have to answer these questions to anyone. These peple are not God, it is none of their business what someone else did or didn't do. Suri should not have to answer these questions and if Tom ever got time alone with Suri, he might take her to get this screening done behind Katie's back.

You can't trust people who are brainwashed and in cults. They will only serve their cult masters. Tom should not be allowed to be alone with this child any more. He is damaging the other kids, who aren't biologically his, enough already.

chloe

What i don't get is why did this woman marry a man who's religion she didn't fully embrace and have a child with him. She saw first hand what it was, his kids from Nicole lived with him. Taking a child away from a parent is hard on a child. My husband is jewish and I did not embrace his religion I kept my own. I bet she will as well as her parents be living off of Tom's $$$$. She will use Suri for money. I don't believe any parent should be able to move away from the other parent, except when a parent is abusive. Katie had no problem marry him having a child, living on his money, as well as her attorney parents, how much will they make off this divorce, Sorry I just think she is a victim. She knew what he was and yet was ok with it and now she is not. To go to Iceland and pretend she was happy is sneaky and in the end hurts their child, why not just tell him, she waits until he is out of Country then files in NYC where everyone knows she doesn't live, She seems very calculating to me.

Aquarianne17

I don't have enough money for $cientology to be interested in me. For once I'm grateful to be poor.

dolman

I can't believe so many people out there believe this crap! None of this Scientology nonsense is true. Made up gossip. Scientology is not why Katie left. She was unhappy because she was alone a lot with Suri. She did not want the globe-trotting lifestyle, especially for Suri. Tom put job first, and she didn't like that anymore. Poor baby...half the men in the world do that.

Karla

I agree that Scientology is very creepy and that is being kind however she witnessed this in 2005 with his other kids and just now decided it could be a problem. I mean why not bring it up before you had a child with this man? Why stay this long if this was an issue. Some of this is a bit odd to me looking back at behavior of them as a couple. Not saying she is not concerned but what happened all of a sudden and why the leaks like this...,.to me it just helps him know what is coming.........just leave him and let the courts decide..........

Joan K

The only reason Katie ened up with the POS is because she was so young and she just didn't know any better and the POS thought he could keep her under his thumb, poor little Tommie Boy, it didn't work, thank God.

Disgusted

Scientology, islam without the beheadings.

LisaT

If this is true and she saw it in practice on his other 2 children. Was supposedly so appauled that is why she left then why did it take her so long? That event happened in 2005 so what took her so long to react to it?

ivest MBA

Im surprised that Nicole Kid is not livid.

christy

Ok I am sick of hearing she left him for this religion and people applauding her. She knew darn well what he was and what he belonged to before marrying him or having a kid with him. I do not feel sorry for her or applaud her. As much as I find scientology to be a joke and anyone belonging to it to be morons she did choose to have a child and marry into this so he has every right as well.

Truth

THAT'S AN OLD PIC OF KATIE. NOTE THE WEDDING RING IS STILL ON AND THAT MENNONITE RAG SHE'S WEARING. $5 BUCKS FROM THE LOCAL GOODWILL. #TRUTH!!

Susie-Q

Katie should not even ask for child support. She has enough of her own money. If she wants sole custody, I would not want money from the Father either. Be done with him. She should have not had a child with him if his religion was an issue when they met. Love is blind. Once she had Suri she became her priority, rightfully so. I feel sorry for Suri. She will be the one hurt in all this---I am sure Tom is a good Dad in his own way and loves both of them dearly. I feel bad for all of them for I truly believe they were so in love!

Hotwheelz

L Ron Hubbard was a freak as is the whole lot of them, that's child abuse..................

lowens1975

I knew it had something to do with Scientology. Tom Cruise is so far gone in this cult that he can't see what they are doing to his own family.

I haven't wasted a second watching his films since I learned he was part of it.