Meat Loaf

Sues Impersonator --

Stop Stealing My Website!

7/4/2012 9:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0704_meat_loaf_getty
Meat Loaf
is going after a well-known Meat Loaf impersonator like a bat out of hell -- claiming the tribute singer is a filthy cyber-squatter ... hijacking the website MeatLoaf.org ... and refusing to hand it over.

Meat Loaf -- real name Michael Aday -- filed the lawsuit against Dean Torkington in federal court, claiming Torkington registered MeatLoaf.org in "bad faith," and has since exploited the domain name to mislead and confuse Meat Loaf fans into thinking he's the real singer.

0704_meat_loaf_dean_torkingtonTorkington uses the website to promote his act -- called "To Hell and Back: A Tribute to Meat Loaf."

Meat Loaf claims Torkington -- who's based in the UK -- has no right to own or use the domain name, and is currently breaking the law by cybersquatting ... in violation of the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act.

Meat Loaf wants Torkington to shut down his website and hand over the domain. He also wants $100,000 in damages.

Calls to Torkington were not returned.

Paul B

I bet the impersonator sings better than Meatloaf. Meat was singing at a major sports event in Australia late last year and he was woeful. The press slaughtered him. The public ridiculed him. I think it's time the fat turd in a bucket calls it a day and hangs up the microphone.

Artanis

Hey, you gotta give Dean Torkington some credit. Dudes' made a mint off a legend...with a karaoke machine, painted backdrop, mini chopper, and a fog machine.

omegabeta

Well it's cold and lonely in the deep dark night.....paradise by the bench-judge's light?

LittleJoe

"Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act"

You dumb americans.
Do you know that your laws do not affect United Kingdom?
They poop on you and your laws cause they have their own laws.

Besides this fat guy MEAT LOAF did have only one good album and since then he always tries to copycat himself.
So that is the reason he goes against his impersonator: The copy is better than the original and does not kiss the floor (face ahead) all the time.There are no oxygen bills. I'd choose the copy.

Bob

This overweight wanna-be ought to change his name to Pot Roast and just get on with doing his own thing.

Stratcat

I think the Loaf is overestimating his fame again...he's as relevant as the "Dell Dude", Mr. Green Jeans and Spuds McKenzie.

Michael

The Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act is a US law. It doesn't effect someone in the UK.

Smurf

If you now try to access the purchase of a domaine name it's frozen so one cannot checkout the owner of www.meatlaof.org.uk

Trust me it is Mr. Aday

Smurf

Why would Mr. Aday want Mr Torkington's webite name?

Mr. Aday bought the domaine www.MeatLoaf.or.uk around two years ago.

which he has set up as a wrestling site - reasons unknown decoy perhaphs.

To now check out my findings it is not permitted - any domaine accociated with 'meatloaf' has been frozen.

MR.ADAY NEVER EVER OWNED www.meatloaf.org

I understand now why he wants this domaine, I guess it is more lucrative to sell merchantdise from .org than from .org UK

Mr. Torkington is no more than pray!!

Smurf

Smurf

Miz.Chellie - Celebrity Feast

The impersonator has now changed his website to a wrestling website so score 1 for the REAL Meat Loaf. You can see screen shots in my article
Meat Loaf impersonator changes website

dean torkington

NO I HAVNT , YOUR NOT VERY GOOD AT YOUR JOB ARE YOU? MEATLOAF.ORG WILL REMAIN MY DOMAIN UNTIL WE AGREE A SETTLEMENT!! GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT AND CHANGE THE MISLEADING ARTICLE

Faux

I, too, am an impersonator. It amazes me that Torkington wouldn't just cooperate, actually. I mean, look at the guy. Nobody's going to click their way to his image and think they've found Meat Loaf. His best bet would be to build bridges and not be a jerk about it.

Some Other Gal

Meat has always been over the top, but he's also a class act. I think in this case he's allowed his good name to be attached to some bad advice. There is no case to be made for cybersquatting, that's clear. One has to conclude that for whatever reason Meat's people are trying to acquire this URL on the cheap, and are doing it nastily, throwing their weight around – and frankly by doing that *they're* harming Meat's image and name infinitely more than they claim in their non-case. Meat should intervene, both as a matter of decency and of good business sense. If this fellow doesn’t want to sell the URL for a price they consider reasonable, then simply walk away – that is the only sane business decision, and it’s also the right thing to do.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments