Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes

Divorce NOT

Over Scientology

7/5/2012 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0705_tom_cruise_katie_holmes_01
Katie Holmes
may say her decision to divorce Tom Cruise is over Scientology, but it's NOT ... so say sources directly connected to Tom.

Our sources tell us ... they believe Katie and her team are leaking false stories to the media by maintaining she was trying to save Suri from the grips of Scientology, and that's why she left Tom.

As one well-connected Tom source put it, "She [Katie] was totally committed to Scientology. She had enthusiasm for it and would voluntarily and gladly participate in it when Tom was off shooting movies."

The source adds, "This is not a fight over religion. It's being used as a way to hurt Tom."

And on the subject of hurting Tom, as we first reported, sources connected with the actor tell us Katie's people have made it difficult for him to speak with Suri by phone, but he's talked to her every day. He has no immediate plans to see his daughter because he's leaving today or tomorrow to shoot his new movie in the Rockies.

Tom's lawyers have not filed any docs in court -- yet -- to establish his custodial rights. If that happens, we're told they will file in New York, although it's pretty clear they will ask to have the case sent to California.

Marbut

What ever it was, Tom wasn't good at something.

Kim

I have a thought for Scientologists. If any of you have ever had that small niggling thought in the back of your mind that some (all) of the things your group (Scientology) believes/does isnt quite right, I highly suggest that you start listening to that. It's your subconscious trying to tell you....... it's not right! The time has come, you need to be brave, take a stand, Katie is bravely providing you this window of opportunity to get out while the getting is good. With the EXPOSING media attention and now court attention Scientology is, and will get, makes this the perfect time to start using YOUR own BRAIN and think YOUR own THOUGHTS and GET OUT....HURRY. Best of luck to you all. ;0) TEAM KATIE!

Marbut

And, as for what Tom's people say the divorce is really about ... they won't say yet, but tell us it's coming. ........Oh yeah, like we are going to believe the Jim Jones's of the world.

cranky

And the CO$ spin begins...

Xiolablu

Yeah it had nothing to do with it whatsoever.... Seriously?

TheRedPill

Well, I asked and was curious so I Googled it, and came up with a bunch of links.

From a bunch of other research, it appears that MOST non-Christian belief systems are united and/or complicit, at some level.

Curious about the "big picture" implications of that as it relates to the state of the Globe.....

Nation of Islam Praises Scientology

Scientology and Islam

Message to Nation of Islam Members About Scientology

IceGypsy

We really don't know what goes on behind closed doors. I will say to me, he seems like a very controlling man who probably prefers the company of a "Stepford Wife" who will do what she's asked and keep her opinions to herself.

TheRedPill

I remember Brad Pitt, when he did "Interview with the Vampire" with Hen, gave an interview where he strongly insinuated that Hen was the tightest-wound control freak he had ever worked with.

Hen is probably a likeable guy at his core. He definitely has the ability to laugh at himself sometimes through the comedy work, but who wouldn't go a little nut job at Xenu Palace?

The more this evolves, the more it's really a fight between Kate and the CoS....with Hen in the middle doing their bidding for them.

Yeesh. What a mess. Didn't she think of all this BEFORE she signed the contract 6 years ago???

Carol

That just shows where Tom's priorities are. The shoot is more important that his daughter.

TheRedPill

YEE HA!! Check this out:

Scientology Inc Wants to Censor Cruise/Holmes Break Up News

Posted on July 5, 2012 by martyrathbun09 | Leave a comment

Good Luck. It is sort of like showing up to a nuclear war with a squirt gun.

Read here:

melody

OUTSPOKEN Pete Griffiths dedicated nearly 20 years of his life to Scientology, but now he wants to expose the cult.

Pete, 57, who lives in Westport, Co Mayo, joined the Church of Scientology in England in 1986.

Over two decades he devoted himself entirely to its teachings, recruiting others and even sold his house to fund his drawn-out training.

But, over time, he eventually realised the whole thing was a “con”, and now he’s committed to getting this message across.

Pete, who organised a conference of ex-Scientologists in Dublin last weekend, said: “I would have given my life for Scientology.

“I did all I could on a daily basis to spread the message to others, I regret that, but I don’t have any anger.

“I had a penny-dropping moment four years ago but I had been questioning my beliefs for 14 years before that. I realised I’d been duped and that everything I once believed was rubbish.

“I burned all my Scientology books on a bonfire and now campaign against this terrible con. I won’t give up until everyone in the church is out.”

English-born Pete got “roped” into Scientology in Sunderland while struggling for cash in the recession-hit late Eighties.

He was told that by joining he would earn around £200 a week. And he yearned for the fulfilment and promises of becoming a better person.

Pete told: “I was attracted not only by the idea of a religion that would make my life better and also the money. In my three years working in Sunderland I don’t think I earned £200 the whole time, but I wasn’t doing much else so I signed up.

“I proved very good at getting new members and selling courses so eventually I was given my own mission in ***bria.

“Around 1994 my figures had plummeted and I left to live in Ireland but still considered myself a Scientologist.

“It was a terrible experience. At the time I thought it was wonderful but now I feel very differently.

“I sold my house to keep myself going during the lengthy Scientology training.

“Eventually I left the church in 2008 and I began protesting and haven’t stopped. We organised this conference in Dublin to expose the abuses of Scientology. It is a racket and a con and it harms people.”

There is no official figure for the number of Scientologists in Ireland but members of the church, founded in Los Angeles in 1954 by L Ron Hubbard, have claimed there are up to 500.

Pete reckons the figure is a more modest 30 or 40, but he’s adamant even that small following is potentially dangerous.

He said: “It has been operating in Dublin for 20 years, a lot of people visit it, but a lot of people run out for one reason or another.

“What they do is get people in to do a personality test. Then they pick on an aspect of it and try to appeal to the person. A lot of what they say does make sense, so people begin to think, ‘This is OK, they get me.’ But they don’t realise they are preying on their vulnerabilities.

“Another trick is sending around ‘Say No To Drugs’ leaflets, the message is of course good, but then the person gets in touch with Scientologists without even realising it and they get sucked in.

“It’s a gradual process, it doesn’t happen overnight, but the members are very dedicated and very well-trained and they genuinely believe they have supreme intelligence and they have it right while the rest of the world is just stupid.

“It’s done by degrees, someone will say, ‘Just read this book and see what you think,’ then you might agree with a couple of small sections and they are focused on.

“Scientology is very broad and it’s very clever and that’s why people don’t even realise they are getting pulled into it.”

At last weekend’s conference in Dublin members of the modern activist group Anonymous — wearing Guy Fawkes masks — stood among the 300-strong audience.

They are in their 20s or 30s and came from Ireland, the UK, France, Germany and the US.

One said: “Our opposition to Scientology started when the church tried to remove a video of Tom Cruise being interviewed about his faith from the web in 2008.

“We are against not only internet censorship but the abuses of the Church of Scientology. They should fear us.”

The actor’s devotion to Scientology hit the headlines again last week when it emerged as one of the leading causes behind his split with wife Katie Holmes.

As far as Pete is concerned brave Katie had no choice but to run from Cruise and save their daughter Suri, six.

He said: “She’s such a brave girl. He’s a very rich and powerful man — to take him on like that shows how desperate she was I think.

“I really admire her.

“Ultimately she has saved her life and her daughter’s life. I just hope she has people around her to help her now, but I have huge respect for what she’s done.”

redriverrunt

If we all chip in, can we get lindsay more cocaine. I am sick of this story!

moonshake

Why on earth would TMZ print a story from "Tom's People" (code words for Church of Scientology spokespeople)? This is just another pro-Scientology press release to try and negate any bad press for the cult. Since they are stating so emphatically that it is NOT the case, I'm sure that means she DID leave because of Scientology.

TheRedPill

I've got a nagging hunch that the big "WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT" tactic in this article is because Hen is suddenly going to make a dramatic grand announcement - of some kind - in order to take control of the narrative here, and aggrandize himself once more, yet again.

Maybe a sudden REAL soul-mate romance and pregnancy by a younger woman, something like that, maybe? Then Hen is going to have to find something bigger than Oprah's couch to jump on..... using his walker, of course.

In the sexist world of Scientology, a woman both leaving the cult AND sticking it to the men is a hanging offense.

They will want complete control of the reigns, the image, the kid and the money, but I still think they aren't going to be able to swing that now.

...or drawn-and-quartered, as it were.....

Country Lady

CLASSIC SCIENTOLOGY TACTICS. ALL PEOPLE WHO SURROUND TOM CRUISE ARE SOCIOPATHIC BRAINWASHED LIARS.