Tom Cruise

Katie is Using Suri as a Weapon

7/5/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0704_tmz_tom_cruise_suri_katie_holmes
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have cut off all contact with each other, and her people are making it difficult for Tom to have contact with his daughter ... sources very familiar with the situation tell TMZ.

Although Tom now has "absolutely no contact with Katie," his people are negotiating/bickering with Katie's people over when and how Tom can talk to Suri. We're told Tom does speak with his daughter by phone at least once a day, but sources connected with Tom say it hasn't been easy.

We're told when Tom's on the phone with Suri, there is one place he has not gone ... he has NOT discussed the breakup of his marriage with his daughter.

As for when Tom will attempt to see Suri ... sources say it's not going to happen for awhile. We're told Tom was in L.A. for the 4th but he's leaving before the weekend to shoot his new movie in the Rockies.

Our sources say things are "really bitter now" between Tom and Katie. He feels betrayed by her and thinks she is using Suri as a weapon.

And you don't need sources to know one thing -- if he's blocked from seeing Suri, his lawyers will make a beeline for court.

robot eyes

For the record. I am not affiliated with any other screen names. Nice try Nancy Drew!!

bearforce1

ROBOT EYES set up his TMZ account 1 hours ago. ROBOT EYES is a scientologist or a scientology rent boy.

bearforce1

Man, @ROBOT EYES you sound exactly like all those scientologists. Ask me what my crimes are?

lowens1975

Get Suri as far away from those mind controlling cultist as you possibly can. I actually check to see if my car doors are locked when I have to drive by the Scientology place in Clearwater, FL.

LizLucy56

Karma's a biatch! Now he knows how Nicole felt when he sprang their divorce on her 2 days before their 10th anniversary & they had 2 kids. No sympathy for him at all.

Izzardschick

Tmz, I'm ashamed of you! I saw you do this for MelGibson and wondered how you could back him but now this? Unconsciable. Katie Holmes is the bravest person right now to take her kid and run. I commend her. Please stop printing Mr Crazy's direct info. We couldn't not care less what he thinks

jailharvey

I am sorry to the people I have insulted on TMZ, it is poor form, even my name "jail harvey" is part of the problem, hating, gossiping and wasting time being negative and forceful. I get so reactive when I visit a message board and just spew resentment.

I see gossip" as a very destructive force and the spreading of hearsday equally harmfull to our culture.

But I see that my input contributes to the problem, causes more reactions, causes people to be even more entrenched and does not change a thing, I am being a blow-hard. Enough of that.

Chooprom/Jailharvey

marie

This is wrong, to deny a child and her father contact. She will regret this for this child has a memory, and no matter what her feelings are, Tom and Suri are close, she loves her Dad, who by all testimonies has been a good father to his kids. You do not use a child as a weapon no matter how you feel. The child, and not only the father, suffer, and that is vindictive and simply wrong.

janet

This is just a major hit to Toms ego. He's just pissed because he's not the one doing it this time. When you're a control freak like Curise is and no longer have total control oh, yeah he's pissed off.

Holmes is divorcing Cruise how dare she. She embarassed him. Bet Kidman is laughing.

Liz

I hate how these famous women use their children as weapons. She knew what Tom was into before Suri was even born, raised her for 6 years in the same household as Tom, and now all of a sudden she is scared for her childs safety??? I'm sorry but someones religious beliefs do not make them a bad parent. I'm pretty sure if Katie sat down with Tom, and gave him the time of the day like he deserves, he would respect her wishes and not bring Suri into the religion, unless when she got older she decided to. If she hated Toms religious beliefs so much, so shouldn't of laid up with him without using some type of protection. Katie and Hallie Berry make me sick. Doesn't she realize that taking her daughter away from her father is probably going to have more of an effect on her than Toms scientology??? I hate women that when things get sour they have the mentality of this is MY kid, no b*tch its not just your kid it is Toms too.

minnietx

With all Tom's work and travels seems he maybe in check mate...The best thing for him to do is give into Katie's wants, you know kinda like Nicole did with him. It would make him appear not so harsh. He needs to think of the PR here, and keep the negative off his "Crazy Church". He would be far better off in all areas of his life by just giving in, and in time it will all work out. He needs to make her feel comfortable.

jack

Where exactly did you get that photo?

suspenders

Nice picture, TMZ...arranged to look like poor Tom is being kept away from his daughter--poor poor Tom. Tom has his priorities, and they don't include Suri's welfare.............All the best of luck to Katie in the necessary campaign she's mounted. This is a big story because of what's behind TC. Why should "Scientology" get any tax breaks, anyway?

brad

I'm sure that Katie feels very betrayed by Tom because he kept pushing her to get more involved with Scientology against her will ... as well as her daughter Suri. Trying to make Suri do this cult stuff was "a bridge too far". Tom's control freak and obsessive compulsive behavior with this Scientology sheut was probably very disturbing for Katie to have to deal with. I'm sure she had a lot of sleepless nights because of it. Katie felt betrayed because Tom didn't trust her enough to let her do what she wanted in her career. Katie probably felt totally freaked out a lot of the time because she knew the security people and domestic staff were spying on her and reporting back to Tom and "Schemer in Chief" grand poo bah cult leader David Miscavige. Katie has a lot of stuff to feel betrayed about.

Lola

Here's how Tom treated Nicole Kidman. She believed they were in a loving and committed marriage. One night around their tenth anniversary, maybe just before, he even planned a very romantic rooftop dinner with her, a very romantic evening full of, I'm sure, I love you forevers. Then, bingbangboom, in the next few days, or maybe it was even in the next day, Nicole Kidman was served with divorce papers from Tom, totally without warning or discussion. Following that, their children went to live with Tom only, never visiting Nicole, and from then on never calling her mom or mother, just Nicole. And from an interview with the now-grown-daughter, she has started calling her Mom again. So it seems pretty clear they were instructed to not call her anything but Nicole. And Tom did all he could to strip Nicole of every penny he could. She has shown him, though, by finding a loving husband and having children and an even better career for herself.