Tom Cruise

Katie is Using Suri as a Weapon

7/5/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0704_tmz_tom_cruise_suri_katie_holmes
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have cut off all contact with each other, and her people are making it difficult for Tom to have contact with his daughter ... sources very familiar with the situation tell TMZ.

Although Tom now has "absolutely no contact with Katie," his people are negotiating/bickering with Katie's people over when and how Tom can talk to Suri. We're told Tom does speak with his daughter by phone at least once a day, but sources connected with Tom say it hasn't been easy.

We're told when Tom's on the phone with Suri, there is one place he has not gone ... he has NOT discussed the breakup of his marriage with his daughter.

As for when Tom will attempt to see Suri ... sources say it's not going to happen for awhile. We're told Tom was in L.A. for the 4th but he's leaving before the weekend to shoot his new movie in the Rockies.

Our sources say things are "really bitter now" between Tom and Katie. He feels betrayed by her and thinks she is using Suri as a weapon.

And you don't need sources to know one thing -- if he's blocked from seeing Suri, his lawyers will make a beeline for court.

rene O'Neil

good for her! she needs to protect her child, and I'm sorry but I am a pretty open person, but I have been doing some reading up on Scientology, and it's dangerous. These people are not all there. It's a cult plain and simple. Just the nutty video of TC talking about the religion, or should I say CULT, he's nuts. Check it out on YT if you haven't already, and tell me this man is not crazy as far as his beliefs go. Just ask Brooke Shields who he publicly ridiculed for taking meds when she had PPD. He will brainwash that poor little girl if he has a hand in her life changing decisions.

CC - THE ORIGINAL

Interesting article!!!

Tom and Katie had an apartment in NYC for a while. She just got her "own" place, and I don't blame her one bit....no ties to Tommy.
Now....did they pay NYC/NY State taxes on their dwelling?? Probably, yes.
Did she stay there for more than 183 days this year??? Yeppers!!
Is Suri being used as a "weapon"? Don't get THAT one. I can see if Katie hated Tom for some reason, which, I don't think she really does, THEN, a scorned wife might use a child against a father.
I don't think Tom is a "bad" father...just an inconsistant one....AND, a child needs some sort of direction and guidance...NOT being treated like a "little adult".
Obviously, he works a lot, doesn't see her or Katie that much during those times, seems HE'S being the one using Suri as a "weapon" to get back at Katie.
Get the divorce, let Katie have sole custody...which just means Suri lives with Katie...the time isn't divided up 50/50...he's off doing something, he'd want everything done around HIS schedule...AND, I could see him having the Sciento-bots be her daycare/nanny.
Talk about the poor girl not knowing which way is up.
It's about CONSISTANCY for this little girl....and, boundaries.

rene O'Neil

Is he talented, hell ya. Absolutely, he is also very very powerful, and I for one and praying that he does not get hold of shaping Suri's future in any way. Katie has her work cut out for her, he is very powerful. And now according to Tom is now one of those dreaded "SP's" Just look at what he says on this video at 3:58.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0..He's Insane!

seasonsrain

A few questions, Tom was in LA on the 4th why didnt he fly to New York to visit his daughter? Also I believe they could delay filming of Rockies for a few days so that he could visit with his daughter. If I was married to a man that was never there and left the raising of my children up to me then I would divorce him also. He has always seemed controling and dosent see anyones point of view but his own and the scientology church. I have to agree with Katie, but she also has to let his daughter see him, she should also have full custody, even if it has nothing to do with the *so called* church, because he would probably leave the rasing of Suri to nannies or the church and she would be better off with a loving and caring parent that is there for her.

scoopie

tom, close to 390,000 people here have said that scientology is "bad for suri", so don't be looking for the sympathy vote here... more like "armed guard visitation"

Jennifer

Is TMZ actually trying to make Tom the victim here? Give me a break the guy is a freakshow and this is all his doing. What goes around comes around BITCH.

janet

Holmes thought about this long and hard she just didn't wake up one day and say yeah, I think I'll leave. Suri just so happenes to be 6 years old primetime for that Scientology SEC crap. She doesn't want her daughter to be interrogated by these clowns. Cruise is nuts to even want to put his daughter throught that.

So many ex-scientologists who have nothing good to say and call it a cult. I guess they are wrong right Tom. Scientology just wants his money.

Scotty

Still don't understand how Cruise had a biological child at 42, when he had two previous marriages, the 1st without children, and the 2nd with adopted children. Both wife 1 & 2 had biological children after they divorced Cruise. Did he suddenly become fertile?

Kathy

She has not stopped him from seeing her. He was in Iceland and chose to fly to LA instead of NY. He is choosing to go straight to filming another movie, rather than seeing his own daughter. Don't tell me a private meeting could not be arranged. It has already been said she moved into a new place that has an underground garage. Also, the big smile on her face for an ice cream outing, what good parent doesn't put on a "happy face" for their child's benefit. She has to make Suri still feels safe, secure and happy.

Kathy

Tom Cruise sold his wife and child down the river for his cult a long time ago! I wouldn't let Suri near him!

robot eyes

So did Tom just start this getting into this whole Scientology thing after he met Katie? She knew nothing about this before they got married? She could not educate herself to what she was getting into and make a decision before hand? Is she upset that Tom works a lot? Gee that is such a sin. She should be glad the man is working, if he wasnt she would probably be crying 'deadbeat' and want a divorce for that. I dont think that Katie 'got' the upper hand on Tom by doing anything first, obviously Tom is smart enough to know that the possibility of this happening was there. He probably knows Katie better than all of us too and that she would botch the whole divorce since she really has no ground to stand on. Scientology is recognized as a legal religion, this is the land of religious tolerance, she knew (or should have known) what she was getting into when she go married and got pregnant. I say let her burn!

Money

The winner of this battle will be the person with the most $$$$$....Tom!!!!

RaineeDrops

The poster Robot Eyes just set up a TMZ account minutes ago. Another of Tom's PR peeps or one of his cult buddies?

Seems like a lot of them popping up on anything about Katie, they come on to attack her for wanting to protect her own child from a serious deviant cult.

bearforce1

America has Voted

TMZ Poll

95% of Americans reject Tom Cruise & Scientology

Scientology Bad for Suri 95%
Let Tom decide 5%
Total Votes: 385,806
*Poll Result

jailharvey

I am just curious, how do you people self justify gossiping like young teenage girls with nothing better to do?