George, Stacy, and some friends dropped by a restaurant in Cernobbio July 4th -- in the same province where Clooney owns a fancy lake house -- but they quickly regretted it.
The next day, Stacy tweeted, "Finally had a bad meal in Italy, our whole dinner party got food poisoning #ohwell at least I'm still in Italy."
Our sources -- who are in a position to know -- tell us the entire party who dined with George and Stacy that night got food poisoning.
But the manager of the restaurant in question told us ... George and Co. must have gotten food poisoning elsewhere ... because it didn't happen at his restaurant.
Thankfully, we're told no one ended up in the hospital. We're told everyone is fine.