Justin Bieber

L.A. Councilman Says

Arrest His Ass!

7/6/2012 1:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0706_justin_biebr_pulled_over_article
Justin Bieber
just got cited for speeding on the freeway, and the witness who called 911 -- who happens to be an L.A. City Councilman -- tells TMZ, Bieber should have been cuffed, locked up, and stripped of his driving privileges.

L.A. City Councilman Dennis Zine -- who ironically was an LAPD motor officer for 18 years -- was on the 101 Freeway when he saw Justin in his chrome Fisker Karma roaring down the freeway at speeds that Zine says exceeded 100 mph.

Zine tells us ... Bieber was trying to shake a team of paparazzi (NOT TMZ) that was on his tail.

Zine says, "Bieber was driving like a maniac. He was weaving in and out of traffic. There was hardly any space between cars as he weaved from lane to lane."

Zine says, "If I was on patrol, I would have arrested him for reckless driving. I was going 60 and he drove by me like he was in a rocket ship. He was a maniac." Zine called in to "TMZ Live" moments ago to explain exactly why he thinks Bieber belongs behind bars.

070612_zine_tmzlive_v2_launchZine also says the paparazzi were incredibly irresponsible, driving on the shoulder of the freeway and causing an extreme hazard. After he was pulled over, at least 4 paps were swarming Bieb's car.

070612_bieber_ticket_v2_launchBieber's manager, Scooter Braun, tells TMZ, Zine "is just a councilman looking for a headline."  Braun says Justin was cited for going 80 mph and he was being chased by the paparazzi. Braun adds a short time after getting ticketed, the paparazzi resumed their pursuit and Justin called 911.

Law enforcement sources tell us, after Bieber called 911, police caught up to his car and pulled him over again ... along with the paparazzi following him. We're told the cops warned the paparazzi to behave themselves, and everyone was sent on their way.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the CHP is investigating the paparazzi for creating a hazardous situation.

It's Dave

If you don't want the paps to find you then don't drive a car that can be seen from space.

crimsons

Doh--whole thing is an orchestrated publicity stunt.

John

stupid

karlew

Not to defend Bieber. But Mr Councilman sure made a lot of noise about him but mentioned the pap smears driving only as an afterthought. Bieber shouldn't be driving like an idiot and should be ticketed but I think this has got much more to do with fame and politics than justice.

Donald Ray

These paps are like a bunch of fkn ROACHES, the way they treat celebs. I think it should be LEGAL for a celeb to jump out and beat the fk outta' these s***my-ass people. They serve NO purpose in life except to harass people and their kids. I would LOVE to hear about one of these fkn creeps getting SHOT for doing this ****, it would be JUSTIFIED and well worth the price of the bullet, please let it be that fa- that's always screaming over the vids . what an ANNOYING btch.

Toilethead

If the screwy little gay kid really wanted to ditch them he should drive a normal car.

Larry

As a Canadian visitor here with permission from our government, I think his mommy & daddy need to have a talk with the boy. What the hell is a pseudo-celebrity driving around in a chrome plated spaceship in the first place? He is asking for attention.

Chris

First of all, how in the hell do you do 100 on the 101 at this time of day? I'm lucky if I can do 45 going the same route! They all must have been weaving in and out of traffic like crazy. The paps are out of control - the Princess Diana incident apparently didn't change anything. As for Justin, he's behaving badly in a car designed to get attention, which he wants, but only when he wants it. Sorry JB - it doesn't work that way. If you want your personal time to be pap-free, then drive a low key car and blend in with the rest of us. But that's not what he really wants, is it?

RaineeDrops

He is acting like a jerk now, the money and fame has gone to his head, he thinks he is above the law, like so many other rappers. Immaturity.

heh?what?

PUBERTY. It's here. Bieb's hormones are going nuts.

sotiredofthis

IF he and all the others "they" chase simply stop and get out of the car or wherever and say here I am what ya want to know? -- really feel would end a lot of this sort of thing. I compare it to my dog and cat. When the cat runs, the dogs chases - when the cat has had enough and stops dead in his tracks and does the "WTF is your problem?" the dog starts "whistling," looks in the other direction and shuffles off. Try it Biebs and everyone else. It's like holding a news conference only not.

Joao

"Bieber was trying to shake a team of paparazzi" That's TMZ forever the enabler.

But I KNEW they would blame the paparazzi!

Donald Ray

#162 james, I like your style, maybe we can recruit some folks and go out and get some of this fkn GARBAGE off the streets so folks can move about and live their lives in peace, away from the packs of WILD DOGS, and they DO need to get a life. Just imagine, if someone asks what you do for a living and you had to say, "oh, I just follow and harass celebs all the time, invading their privacy and taking pics and asking STUPID, ASININE questions, all the while, hoping I piss one of them off so bad, I'll get smacked and THEN try and sue them."

UpsideDownTire

This started with Bieber. SO WHAT about the paparazzi ! It's Bieber's foot on the gas pedal, not the paparazzi's. And where are Bieber's parents? If someone got hurt, injured, or kill because Bieber wasn't driving the speed limit, how could anyone let Bieber get away with paying restitution for anything less than 100's of millions of dollars.

dapedo

so let me get this in order. the cops arested beiber for speeding. and the paps that were speeding after him got to walk away free and clear. **** this asholes need to die