Justin Bieber

L.A. Councilman Says

Arrest His Ass!

7/6/2012 1:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0706_justin_biebr_pulled_over_article
Justin Bieber
just got cited for speeding on the freeway, and the witness who called 911 -- who happens to be an L.A. City Councilman -- tells TMZ, Bieber should have been cuffed, locked up, and stripped of his driving privileges.

L.A. City Councilman Dennis Zine -- who ironically was an LAPD motor officer for 18 years -- was on the 101 Freeway when he saw Justin in his chrome Fisker Karma roaring down the freeway at speeds that Zine says exceeded 100 mph.

Zine tells us ... Bieber was trying to shake a team of paparazzi (NOT TMZ) that was on his tail.

Zine says, "Bieber was driving like a maniac. He was weaving in and out of traffic. There was hardly any space between cars as he weaved from lane to lane."

Zine says, "If I was on patrol, I would have arrested him for reckless driving. I was going 60 and he drove by me like he was in a rocket ship. He was a maniac." Zine called in to "TMZ Live" moments ago to explain exactly why he thinks Bieber belongs behind bars.

070612_zine_tmzlive_v2_launchZine also says the paparazzi were incredibly irresponsible, driving on the shoulder of the freeway and causing an extreme hazard. After he was pulled over, at least 4 paps were swarming Bieb's car.

070612_bieber_ticket_v2_launchBieber's manager, Scooter Braun, tells TMZ, Zine "is just a councilman looking for a headline."  Braun says Justin was cited for going 80 mph and he was being chased by the paparazzi. Braun adds a short time after getting ticketed, the paparazzi resumed their pursuit and Justin called 911.

Law enforcement sources tell us, after Bieber called 911, police caught up to his car and pulled him over again ... along with the paparazzi following him. We're told the cops warned the paparazzi to behave themselves, and everyone was sent on their way.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the CHP is investigating the paparazzi for creating a hazardous situation.

Hunny Bunny G

He is young, all of you guys talking **** act like you guys have never done anything stupid. Shut the hell up! You guys are hypocrites! I'm not saying it's right, But when you are that age, you don't think things through, until it's time to lie to cover up your f%@& up. The paps should also know better, and why are we blaming his mother? No one blamed your mothers for every thing you do. Weather it's right or wrong. How come we don't say it's his moms fault for sharing his wealth with the cancer kids that needed it, when he donated money to them? Because then we wouldn't have any gossip or bad **** to talk about. We really have nothing else better to do than to fallow this poor kids every movement, wait till he ****s up, blame it on his mom, and hope that he gets hurt? I bet if the opportunity presented it self and we were living his life we would take it up and probably make worse mistakes than he makes.
I'm not a beiber fan but I just don't care enough for those comments that everyone was making. Everyone is intittled to there own opinions, but that doesn't mean there right, nice, or great. Lol

mama05

Living in Calabasas I don't doubt for one second that the papparazzi was following Justin. I have almost been in accidents with these low lifes in my own neighborhood just so they can get their picture. Someone needs to crack down on these low lifes before someone gets hurt or worse. Justin shouldn't have been going 100 miles an hr but I can see why he was trying to get away from them.

Sarah

I think Justin is to blame here. He is very popular among the all of the younger age groups as well as some of the older. He knows he can not walk outside without the media all over him as to any famous person. It all goes with the territory of famous person. What kind of example was he leading by this. This is why we all have to take a driving test-hints knowing the safety limits in your surroundings. Do I think the paparazzi was speeding--yes, but they would not have been speeding if Justin was not? When you are famous you have to take the good--everything is free and you can not get into any real trouble because who you are and the bad--you can not go anywhere anytime without being noticed and you can not have any secrets. Again this is just my opinion.

Sarah

WackArnolds

Hopefully sooner or later he'll reenact Ryan Dunn's last few minutes.

Bbob

Whats wrong with 80 on a freeway? Most commenting probably do it everyday,kend any guy has at least driven 10 once. I dont lime his music, but this kid was not fed from a silver spoon he has earned it the hard way. I just hear a bunch of jealous whiners on this site. Everybody talks about the american dream, and when someone achieves it, the rest have to bring him down. This kid has probably done more nice things for others in one day than the dumbasses on this site do in a lifetime

Kelly

It's LA thousands of celebrities get chaced by the photogs! This was just an excuse for his punk ass to drive fast. He thinks he is untouchable because of who he is and sadly the cop lacked the balls to do what was right and take him to jail. Nice job LAPD!

alymckenneh

If Zine was driving 60 how does he know Bieber was driving 100 and I have to say of Zine was on the 101 in the day time there is NO WAY that 1) Bieber was driving over 100 or 2) that Zine was driving 60 because unless Bieber was driving the 101 at midnight on a weekday then traffic was probably ass to elbows and moving at about 27 mph between stop and go moments. Plus there is no car pool lane on that freeway...it royally sucks all the time! I think Zine is looking for a little publicity. And if this is all he can come up with...God help him in his bid for office!

Mike

The people that need to be arrested is the Paparazzi. Anyone caught driving recklessly in pursuit of someone, especially if they are carrying camera equipment that is not cased... they need a mandatory jail sentence. It would slow this behavior fast. Anyone recall how Princess Diana died. This criminal pursuit for pictures has got to end!

JustinDrewBieber

I had to speed! You never know how I feel because your guys isn't a celebrity like me. When though paparazzi is chasing after you it feel like you have fire behind your back. I think it is both of or fault And I shouldn't be charge with any ticket! They should be charge for stocking on me! :(

Justin Bieber

cochino

driving that car alone is worth having the girl arrested. the glare off that fugly thing could cause a massive accident. Teen girls should not speed

Frogmore

Why were the cars chasing him not also given tickets? Why did this LA Councilman who saw it all going down get some license numbers of the cars chasing him. Perhaps the kid was afraid. Remember Princess Diana?

ann

Bieber was irresponsible and stupid.
paparazzi were going to harm him on the freeway?seriously?
if he doesn't want to be noticed..don't drive that car!
also..isn't the 101 55mph?..oh,bad Mr. Councilman!!..you ought to know better!

onecoolnewf