Tom Cruise

There's NO Settlement Without Suri

7/9/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0708_tom_suri_tmz
Tom Cruise has made one thing VERY clear -- Suri is the deal-maker and the deal-breaker in his divorce with Katie Holmes ... this according to sources very familiar with the situation.

As we first reported, lawyers for both sides are trying to pound out a settlement. We're told Tom has insisted that the settlement provide "meaningful, significant contact with his daughter." As one source put it, "She is the primary concern in his life."

Sources connected with Katie tell us they have made it clear that Tom will be able to spend time with his daughter when he finishes his movie shoot in the Rockies.

Lawyers for both sides have been meeting for hours a day. Sources say they even met for a full business day on Saturday. And, we're told, they are not just trying to hash out a temporary truce -- these are settlement negotiations for the entire divorce.

Sources say both sides are negotiating custody, visitation, support and property settlement.

One caution -- we're told the negotiations are still "in flux" and it's possible things could fall apart.  But for now, no one is rushing to court.

0709_happier_times_footer

LittleBIt

We KNOW he wants Suri. He NEEDS someone he can control and force Scientology on. I hope his visits with her are minimal and supervised. The way Tom forces his religion on people is downright scary. They are strange, sneaky, controlling people those scientologists. I'm praying for you Suri. Praying that your mom can keep you as far away from your dad as often as possible. God Bless You Katie.

Mandy

Some of you people crack me up. I dislike Scientology as much as the next person, but come on now. If Katie thought Suri was in ANY kind of danger she would of asked that he get no visitation at all. She probably would of gotten a restraining order & fled the country. Instead she wants full custody, because that's the only way she can walk away with any money. I keep reading that she has her own money.. Bull****. If she does have some tucked away she will be through it in no time. If there is one thing she's known for it's shopping & she isn't exactly staring in any hit films.

Lisa

There's no way Tom will give her full custody. This is his first and only biological child.

Lisa

Mandy (25), I so agree with you. When the news came out that she was divorcing him because o scientology, I bought it. When I thought about it, I don't buy it. It has absolutely nothing to do with Scientology. She was lonely, and being married to Tom wasn't as glamorous as she thought. He's always on the movie set and her career as nose-dived. I believe he is controlling it too. The Scientology thing too me is a cover-up to make her court case look good. I ind the religion creepy as anybody else but I don't buy it for a second that's why she is leaving him. She and her father has planned this all along and the Scientology reason is the strongest reason they could find.

suspenders

Visittion - yes (unfortunately) but none of these "fly away with or to daddy's house) There should be supervised visitation for the first couple of years, at least....but definitely no trips with with someone so steeped in a very unsavory CULT, to put mildly.

This is the mind boggling part of this mess, and I hope all the necessary leverage is in place.

Lisa

* Correcting spelling mistakes.

Mandy (25), I so agree with you. When the news came out that she was divorcing him because of scientology, I bought it. When I thought about it, I don't buy it. It has absolutely nothing to do with Scientology. She was lonely, and being married to Tom wasn't as glamorous as she thought. He's always on the movie set and her career has nose-dived. I believe he is controlling too. The Scientology thing too me is a cover-up to make her court case look good. I find the religion as creepy as anybody else but I don't buy it for a second that's why she is leaving him. She and her father has planned this all along and the Scientology reason is the strongest reason they could find.

suspenders

It had to be very hard to maintain vigilance over Suri before the split -- it would be unbearable to worry about her when she's not there to protect...period.

justoverit

Katie, your doing the right thing, just keep focused on your daughter. many people support you. The cult would love nothing more than to have her if they get a chance. Having meaningful, significant contact can be dangerous in the world of the aliens.
If we didn't have so many nuts running our country, then they idiots wouldn't have such a foothold here. We need to start writing our congressmen and asking why they have tax-exempt status? They have just bought more property here in Tampa. Very quietly.
Don't go to any movie' w/Cruise, Travolta, Alley or any of the other weirdo's in it.. Try not to support anyone who supports this cult. THIS IS NOT A RELIGION. It is a cult that preys on the emotionally weak. Heck, Thor could kick Xenu's butt...lmao

texaschickeee

My guess is that they are trying to keep it out of court. Tom knows Katie will spill secrets. She isn't trying to keep Suri from him, just the boot camp that makes her a robot. The $$ is spelled out in the prenup. (I bet Tom has already transferred the money) and since they have two homes in Bev hills, He pay her the cost of one. Neither one is going to be at home alone eating lean cuisine. Neither is giving up work (Katie will get more) and Suri will be evenly be split. in time. (that will stop the boot camp too)

joe gillis

Tom has insisted that the settlement provide "meaningful, significant contact with his daughter." - oh oh it looks like sec checks and billion year stays at sea org are back on the table and that container load of e-meters imported from china sitting down there at the dock aint going nowhere - miscarriage must be going ballistic

joe gillis

"Tom will be able to spend time with his daughter when he finishes his movie shoot in the Rockies." - lisa mcphersons old dungeo...sorry i mean apartment at the fort harrison hotel has already been booked in advance for the occasion.

suspenders

Lisa McPherson yes, look up that sad tale, any of you who sincerely believe this isn't a dangerous "organization"....that is if there are any posters for TC who aren't rents or members.

Truth

SOUNDS LIKE SCIENTOLOGY IS F*CKED!! CMON KATIE... BRING THIS SH*T TO COURT. DROP ALL THE TEA ON THESE CULT ZOMBIES. BESIDES, HARVEY NEEDS ALL THE HITS HE CAN GET ON THIS PSEUDO-ENQUIRER SITE. EVEN THE ENQUIRER CANT MAKE UP BETTER SH*T... AS FOR MISCAVIGE, LEAK KATIE'S AUDITING TAPES. FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!! #TRUTH!!

Butterfly

HELLO AMERICA ! ! ! Let us introduce you to the REAL Tom Cruise ! ! !

JiLL1

He needs supervised visitation so that he doesn't brainwash the child with that creepy cult