Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes

DIVORCE SETTLED!

7/9/2012 9:51 AM PDT UPDATED: 7/9/2012 10:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0709_tom_cruise_katie_holmes_Settlement_suri_article

update_bar
10:44 AM PST:
Tom's longtime lawyer, Bert Fields, just told TMZ, "The Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes case has been settled with a signed agreement. Tom is really pleased we got there, and so am I."

0314_divider_graphic
Tom Cruise
and Katie Holmes have SETTLED their divorce ... this according to Katie's lawyer.

Jonathan Wolfe tells TMZ, "This case has been settled and the agreement has been signed.  We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life."

TMZ reported in the last few days lawyers for both sides were in a marathon negotiation -- trying to end what began as a divorce war.

As we reported, one condition Tom had for settling was "meaningful, significant" contact with Suri.

Wolfe added, "We thank Tom's counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution."

nikyalexandria

**** thats how you do it though. fast and easy !

Lou

@writenow...Child custody will not go on for years. I have no doubt that Katie got SOLE CUSTODY and unless Tom Thumb can prove Katie is an unfit mother; a judge will NEVER change that. Clearly Katie is not unfit.

TheRedPill

Possibly the fastest divorce settlement in Hollywood history. I still say, based on that cult's history, Kate is going to have to be obsessively vigilant in making sure Suri doesn't end up drinking the Kool-Aid.

Here's what Mark Rathbun has to say about this settlement:

Holmes vs. Cruise – The End Game
Posted on July 8, 2012 by martyrathbun09 | 169 Comments

The following is my opinion along with the facts I base it on.

The Cruise camp’s only three utterances since the divorce filing of Holmes were:

1) First, reports that Tom Cruise was ‘suprised’ by the filing and was ‘saddened.’

2) Next came a ‘source’ from Cruise’s camp expressing dismay that people would think Scientology had anything to do with the matter since Katie had nothing but wonderful things to say about Scientology.

3) Cruise’s attorney Bert Fields taking the incredibly childish swipe at Katie for allegedly orchastrating the international media storm of the past week.

2 and 3 above give strong indication that Tom Cruise is still listening to his best man, Scientology Inc. cult leader David Miscavige. They both sound like vintage Miscavige.

As to the claim that they are so suprised because Katie only expressed ‘love’ for Scientology, that is right out of Miscavige’s well-worn strategy to use pressured, do***ented, positive utterances (called success stories) against former members in the following wise. Success stories are required after every Scientology Inc service (counseling or study courses) in which the individual puts in writing how the counselling or course changed his or her life for the better. Those succcess stories are the first thing that are mustered and organized for defense when a former member sues or speaks ill of Scientology Inc. to the media. Miscavige has Scientology Inc lawyers and hacks wave about previous success stories and claim that Scientology Inc. is shocked the person who wrote such stories has ‘suddenly’ had a change of heart. Along with that comes their baseless, shrill charges that the person must have been ‘deprogrammed’ by ‘enemies’ with horrid, anti-religious motives.

As to #3, Miscavige and Scientology Inc can’t help but play the victim with queer media conspiracy theories. Has Katie Holmes made a single utterances publicly about the divorce in the past week? No. Yet, the august, venerable Bert Fields snidely claims as a fact that Katie has been working the media against poor Tom.

Based on Miscavige’s white-collar-criminal/abusive-wealthy-corporation way of going about business of late, here is how I see Miscavige/Cruise dealing with this unprecedented public relations flap.

Well before the first court appearance, or next filing in the case, that could set off further media storms, aggressively and intensively negotiate the case to settlement.

Likely terms Miscavige/Cruise will obtain at an astronomical price (Miscavige may even need to dip into Scientology Inc’s war chest to help pay the price):

a) Katie signs a do***ent that indicates there is to be joint/equal custody of the daughter of Tom and Katie. However, there will be a side agreement (that will sit locked up in their lawyer’s safes) that gives Katie sole custody, control over education, and some visitation rights to Tom.

b) Katie signs a do***ent that indicates that Scientology was never an issue nor consideration in the filing for divorce.

Miscavige and Scientology Inc hacks then make the media and their sources wrong for having allegedly jumped the gun to insinuate Scientology into the matter in order to bludgeon Scientology Inc, Miscavige and Cruise.

Miscavige, at bottom, loves the victim card and when his back is against the wall he always plays it, and plays it well. He has, and will, pay untold sums of money to orchastrate the apparancy that he and Scientology Inc. were the victims.

The scenario I predict (buy silence at any price) is precisely what he did earlier this year when former member Debbie Cook testified that Miscavige ordered her to be tortured by associates (see post, Debbie Cook Tells The Hole Truth). He has been doing it for thirty years. The price to accomplish it keeps getting higher. While the price will likely be in a whole new strata when it comes to Katie Holmes, Cruise and Miscavige have plenty of cheese in their Scientology Inc. war chest to pull it off.

In the brave new world of Miscavige/Cruise’s Scientology Inc., image is the only thing.

Update: For those unfamiliar with the character of Miscavige, this just in from the BBC’s John Sweeney writing for the UK Independent, Sweeney on Miscavige.

curious george

@karkitty....
I gotta love the group think mob mentality of all you ignorant posters...I have NEVER once said anything positive about Scientology in any post. I have, all along said being a Christian I was taught that God professes, love and tolerance... "Judge not lest ye be judged" and "Love thy neighbor as thyself" and as a Christian I was taught to follow the principles of the Bible. I don't automatically hate someone because of their religious belief or lack there of. I am not about to jump on a bandwagon and crucify someone just because the mob mentality in here has risen to a fever pitch. I have said all along that if we think Katie is a victim then how can we not think Cruise is a victim as well and why are you not out to rescue him and save his SOUL? You people are ignorant plain and simple and are not Christians at all - you are as bad as the scienology people you hate...

I fully disagree with the teachings of scientology but I understand the right those people have to practice their religion. REMEMBER....Jesus was crucified and they thought his "religion" was an abomination as well - but we believers in Christ survived and we have the right to worship freely. An as an American that is my right. I worship in the Lutheran church and have All MY LIFE...just because I don't follow your vigillante mentality you assume I am a scientologist...You people are living in the dark ages.

Sue

The guy.."Michael Jackson/Tom Cruise fan for live"
(he cannot spell, of course he means "life"). He either needs medication or an enema....

Marcie

I don't understand why he doesn't just marry someone from his religion. That way he won't need to brainwash anyone. Also I hope Katie doesn't disappear like the leader's wife. Tom would get custody of Suri then. I hope she is really careful and has bumped up security for herself. They could make things look like an accident. KATIE BE CAREFUL!!!! Tom does not seem like the type that likes to lose.

TheRedPill

Searching for Tony Ortega's take on this, I found THIS.... apparently, as of the release of her latest album, Lisa Marie Presley has very much "blown" the "church..." read the words to this song:

You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

Lay down the law, don't make a sound
Just critical, just going down

I don't belong, I've lost the plot
Not gullible, can't be what I'm not

You can think that I'm evil and I'm off the rails
You ain't seen nothin' yet

If I don't get with your system then I'm sure to fail
Well you ain't seen nothin' yet

Lay down the truth, don't make a sound
Just a piece of fruit who's hit the ground

I don't respond, I've lost the plot
Unethical, not what I thought

You can think that I'm evil and I'm off the rails
You ain't seen nothin' yet

I'm a bit transgressive and suppressive as well
Well you ain't seen nothin' yet

Am I a disruption to your corruption?
You ain't seen nothin' yet

You can think that I'm evil and I'm off the rails
You ain't seen nothin' yet

If I don't get with your system then I'm sure to fail
You ain't seen nothin' yet

No longer elated, now you're frustrated
You ain't seen nothin' yet

You can think that I'm evil and I'm off the rails
You ain't seen nothin' yet

If I don't get with your system then I'm sure to fail
Well you ain't seen nothin' yet

You can think that I'm evil and I'm off the rails
You ain't seen nothin' yet

I'm a bit transgressive and suppressive as well
You ain't seen nothin' yet

Read the full article here:

billy

Katie wasted all of her hotness with a short little man that treated her like crap. Now she's all motherly and plain and insignificant. What a waste.

bearforce1

They already had a non disclosure agreement.

She got everything because she could get around the non disclosure agreement by giving evidence in court.

Tom lost hard and has given her whatever she asked for.

bearforce1

@SMOOTHIE set up a TMZ account 43 minutes ago. SMOOTHIE is a scientologist or a scientology rent boy.

MelanieW

WHY would Tom have settled so easily and left Suri with Katie so easily, if he were the "real" father of suri. He has total control of Nicole Kidman's kids, and fought for the total control of them- why would he let Suri go so easily- does he fear that Katie could prove that by DNA analysis he may not be the father. When they dated and married there was much speculation that Katie was artificially inseminated...

TheRedPill

According to this series of articles by Tony Ortega, people have been leaving the "church" in droves, and the wheels are coming off the bus......

The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology, No. 1: L. Ron Hubbard

Is it me, or does L. Ron Hubbard resemble "Goldmember" from the Austin Powers movie?

Sandra

Looks like the little Tom did not want Katie revealing stories about his weirdness and the scientology cult!! Good for her but she should watch her back because you can bet Tom is not happy about not being in control !!

Sautxyca

The whole jail-break and position was brilliant on the part of Holmes' attorneys. Obviously the emphasis was on maximum damage control over the exposure of potentially embarrassing and damaging issues. Still, if everyone's happy with the record-fast outcome, how bad can that be? But, there must be a ton to hide, on TC's side of the ledger ... what else? Cruise is a fine, enigmatic actor but an apparent nut-cake on the personal side. Kidman is obviously an even better actress than we realized.

Lmao

This must be so boring for the people who like to do all that back and forth sh*t n the comments lol, this is how GROWN UPS settle divorces. Other divorcees should take note!