Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes

DIVORCE SETTLED!

7/9/2012 9:51 AM PDT UPDATED: 7/9/2012 10:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0709_tom_cruise_katie_holmes_Settlement_suri_article

update_bar
10:44 AM PST:
Tom's longtime lawyer, Bert Fields, just told TMZ, "The Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes case has been settled with a signed agreement. Tom is really pleased we got there, and so am I."

0314_divider_graphic
Tom Cruise
and Katie Holmes have SETTLED their divorce ... this according to Katie's lawyer.

Jonathan Wolfe tells TMZ, "This case has been settled and the agreement has been signed.  We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life."

TMZ reported in the last few days lawyers for both sides were in a marathon negotiation -- trying to end what began as a divorce war.

As we reported, one condition Tom had for settling was "meaningful, significant" contact with Suri.

Wolfe added, "We thank Tom's counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution."

Becky

Katie had to have had some major goods on him to have caused his side to settle so quickly. I don't think she would have been as compliant as Nicole was. She's not handing over complete custody to Tom, that's for sure. And with Suri being so young and vulnerable, she's getting out at just the right time. Good work, Ohio girl.

anon1

I read she has full custody and Suri's nanny and bodyguards must accompany her at all times during visits and Tom is not allowed to involve her in COS at all. To me, this means that #1, Suri is not his biological child- why else would he agree to Katie having full custody and not make any fuss or challenge any of the conditions of visitations at all? And /or #2 Katie has some serious dirt on Mr. Cruise that she has promised to keep to herself.

Olivia7

I am a housewife from suburbia - and I can see the crumbling of the current Scientology leadership. I spent some of the past week reading: Village Voice, Marty Rathbun, Ex-scientology kids (comments sections are very revealing). Love and grace to all families that have suffered from the abuse of those in power. This is not just a celebrity divorce story.

DiatribesAndOvations

I hate how the woman is always portrayed as a victim in divorce proceedings.

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

AND I KNOW YOU'RE NOT A TOM CRUISE'S FAN AND I STILL KNOW I AM TOM CRUISE'S FAN.

RaineeDrops

The thing that sucks, is I bet Tom made certain in this settlement to silence Katie, yet some more. It really stinks he can control her in that aspect of her life though, bad enough he did all of the last 5 years, now he probably got to silence her in this do***ent too.

I hope she was able to push to keep Suri away from this cult though or their brainwashing.

VICKY

BY REACHING A "SETTLEMENT", LEGALLY THIS MEANS THAT TERMS AND LEGALITIES CAN BE SEALED. WITH A DIVORICE FIGHT, ALL CAN BE REVEALED IN COURT DO***ENTS. THIS WAY TERMS CAN BE KEPT SEALED AND NO BAD PUBLICITY FOR THE CULT WE CALL "SCIENTOLOGY". TOM, PLEASE DONT PUT ANOTHER WOMEN THRU ALL YOUR STRANGE MIND CONTROL GAMES...NEVER MARRY AGAIN. SPARE US WOMEN FROM YOUR CULT.

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

I still know your not a TOM CRUISE FAN.:( AND I STILL KNOW AM A TOM CRUISE FAN! :)

Wellington

It's a smart move on Tom's and Miscaviige's parts. Neither one would have liked Scientology under the close scrutiny it would have gotten in a contentious court battle. Katie must have plenty on Tom and Scientology.

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

I STILL KNOW

annie2

Wow, COS probably told him to settle as fast as possible. I'm sure the terms will be confidential...except maybe they might mention custody terms. Finances and religious education will be kept private. I don't understand why both sides can't teach her their religious beliefs and let her drift where she may. After all this, she will probably wind up agnostic or an atheist. She'll probably be so tired of people discussing religion. Good luck to all. And regardless of why they have settled so quickly (even though we might enjoy speculating) it is best for Suri that they do. I hope it can all stay settled.

Italia

Obviously, Scientology was going to take the hit for this one and told Tom to settle it, quickly and quietly. I think the longer Tom tried to fight, the more people were going to investigate Scientology.

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE

I STILL KNOW

RaineeDrops

At least Scientology is being exposed for their wrongdoings and abuse. I hope people continue to keep it in the media to continue to expose this cult and the stories of those who are ex-scientologists. It is not a church or religion, to control someone as they try to do and brainwash and not want others to think for themselves, that is a cult mentality, therefore, a cult.

Why is no one investigating where the wife of that leader is, why did she disappear? What happened to her?

MICHAEL JACKSON/TOM CRUISE FAN FOR LIVE