'X Factor'

God Has Enough,

Shuts Down Auditions

7/9/2012 5:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0709_xfactor_lightning_twitter
There was electricity in the air at the "X Factor" auditions in Greensboro, NC today ... because the production truck was struck by lightning ... TMZ has learned.

Sources at the scene tell us ... a major storm rolled in over the Greensboro Coliseum Complex this afternoon ... and knocked out power to the complex.

Sources say some of the judges -- including Britney Spears and Demi Lovato -- were freaked out because of the thunder ... and are now hiding out in their dressing rooms.

Producers have suspended the auditions indefinitely ... and security is on standby in case the storm gets worse and the judges have to make a quick exit.

Dave

I'm in Greensboro and this was actually a pretty epic storm. Didn't lose power, but this is the first time I've seen seven cloud-to-ground lightning strikes within a half-mile of my house in ONE MINUTE.

Dave

I'm in Greensboro and this actually was a pretty epic storm . . .lots of cloud-to-round lightning (and I mean A LOT.) I've never seen seven lightning strikes within a half-mile of my house.

your own luck

Seriously, these grown women are hiding in their dressing rooms because they heard thunder? That is a perfect example of a non-functioning adult.

cc

what is lightening? Surely you don't mean lightning

campy

God wants Britney to shave her head again. It's a sign.

Sandra

X factor like all the other singing shows is boring and not worth watching !! Perhaps other auditions will be cancelled and this show can go off into the trash where it belongs!!

malyssa

Lies you tell lies you tell! The show did not get cancelled...posting from greensboro nc

Truth

Mother Nature knows there is no reason for this show and that guy's t shirts to exist.

Flying Blind

I guess the commenters here never seen Caddie Shack.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Trust Him...When God has had enough we will all know it.

IceGypsy

Ummm why is it necessary to say "We're told the lights in the arena went out during the auditions. The mics also went dead." after stating they lost power. Does TMZ feel we would have trouble understanding what "knocked out power" means lol

Johnny Carcinoma

All of these talent shows simply underscore how little real talent is out there.

These shows are cheap to produce and often generate great ratings, not because they are great shows, but rather because the US and UK TV audience is largely comprised of abject idiots.

And some of those same idiots are running the asylum, and I'm looking at your Murdoch, Cowell, Britney, et al.

sean

"I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff is gonna come down for quite a while."

Wally the Engineer

Britney was a little freaked out by some of the thunder (and then lightning that hit nearby and overloaded some of the sound equipment quite loudly) She HIGH TAILED it off the platform while Simon was making some jokes about it. They decided to take a break while it was paused, but it wasn't "that long".
I feel bad for Britney, because she looked to be genuinely distressed by the storm, which was a really nasty one.

anony

If God was really behind that, He would have struck all four of them with fatal hits.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments