New 'Idol' Judges

Nigel Pushing for

Charlie Sheen, Jerry Lewis!

7/10/2012 11:28 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0710_charlie_sheen_jerry_lewis_AI_tmz"American Idol" producers are sending feelers out every which way as a "very preliminary" step in deciding what the make-up of the show will be for Season 12 ... sources tell TMZ ... but Nigel Lythgoe has laid it on the line -- he wants CHARLIE SHEEN and JERRY LEWIS on the judge's panel.

There have been numerous reports that Adam Lambert, Katy Perry, Fergie, Miley Cyrus and others are being courted, but we've learned Fremantle -- the company that produces "Idol" has a new head -- and nothing has been decided.

We're told producers believe they still have a chance of re-signing Jennifer Lopez -- whom they want badly.  Our sources say the process of deciding who will be on the show is like a giant jigsaw puzzle.  If Lopez goes away, then certain replacements would make sense and others would not.  If Steven Tyler or Randy Jackson say bye bye, then a different set of replacements would make sense.

We're told feelers are being sent out wide, so producers have options depending on which judges return.  But they are "far" from making any decisions.

Fact is ... even Nigel Lythgoe and Ken Warwick haven't been picked up for Season 12.  But Nigel tells TMZ ... if he does come back he'll push for Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis.

We think he's kidding ... but then again, it could be awesome.

Mokie

How about casting them both as zombies in "The Walking Dead"...I love that show.

Neyney0765

Are you kidding me?? Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis?? I will NEVER watch Idol again. What musical talent does Sheen have and sorry Lewis is older than dirt and should just go away quietly

Michael

What's he want Jerry Lewis for?! Didn't he drop him from the MDA telethon so he (Nigel) could ruin it?!

WhyNot

They know squat about music. They are comedians, one is too old to perform and the other is an idiot. I will not watch this show ever again, if they get on the panel. Period!

Barb

Sounds like poor Nigel is losing touch with reality.

ITGrouch

The "tweens", who make up the large majority of the viewing audience, would not have a clue who Sheen or Lewis are. I never understood why they ditched Paula Abdul. She was always good for meltdowns and bat **** crazy behavior. JLo was boring.

The important question...is American Idol relevant? They need to get Paula, do one more season, then call it quits. But the greedy entertainment establishment will milk anything till the end.

LCS27

What's American Idol?

Boomers

Charlie sheen would be awesome as a judge. I think that it would keep American Idol alive. It would be entertaining as hell.

Boomers

Charlie sheen would be awesome as a judge. I think that it would keep American Idol alive. It would be entertaining as hell at the same time too.

Wussie

No way! Even Regis is too old for this show. Charlie is a has been--so "no" to him, too. His new show sucks, and so does his old show. The content is lousy.

tellmeaboutit

These stupid shows just get phonier and phonier, so what's the differance?

Kay

Well, I'll certainly quit watching!

dstark9@sbcglobal.net

If anyone ever wants to know why America is going downhill....just read all the comments from TMZ message board. If they got someone to find out who these people are in real life and made a reality show about them...They would make Millions...these people have got to be the most negative meanest sludge in America!!!

Willie Lump Lump

Seems like American Idol is desperate to get some judges or keep the judges. I’m not sure how Charlie Sheen or Jerry Lewis would work, but I’ve been happy with Jennifer Lopez. I hope if judges chance the quality of the show doesn’t drop. I’ve enjoyed the latest episodes of American Idol using my Auto Hop feature to skip commercials. The Hopper will automatically record all the PrimeTime Anytime shows. The day after my PrimeTime shows air I have the option to watch or to skip commercials with the touch of a button. I work for Dish and I’m glad a coworker showed me this great new feature, now my family and I can save time without commercials and killing remote batteries.

Raejean

Jerry Lewis looks like he's very sick.