Charlie Sheen

Count Me in for 'Idol'

BUT ONLY IF ...

7/11/2012 6:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0710_charlie_sheen_tmz
Charlie Sheen
tells TMZ, he's 100% on board to judge the next season of "American Idol" -- but there are several conditions that must be met before he signs the dotted line.

As TMZ first reported, "Idol" Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe told us he would LOVE to have Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis as judges for season 12. Nigel would not say if he was joking ... but he repeated his wish list several times during the conversation.

CONDITION #1. Charlie says FX -- the network that airs his show "Anger Management" -- must sign off on an "Idol" deal ... but Jennifer Lopez proved, being on A.I. can be good for business.

CONDITION #2. Charlie says the money has to be right:  "If the numbers move the needle AND 'Idol' matches 20% of my weekly salary for Autism Speaks, JDRF, and the Boys and Girls Club ... then the hell with it. As we say, pour the smoke."

That's Charlie-speak for "Why the hell not?"

As for Jerry Lewis, he's in Nashville directing a stage play of "The Nutty Professor" and was not available for comment.

0711_charlie_sheen_through_years_footer

MarleyMcgarry

I love you Charlie Sheen! The fact that you mentioned Autism Speaks makes you my favorite movie star EVER!!!! I would watch you peel potatoe's on tv

Truth

IDOL IS A TRAIN WRECK MESS. IT'S DONE. THE CRAPTASTIC SHOW LOST CREDIBILITY AFTER SEASON 4 WHEN CARRIE UNDERWOOD WON. BEEN A COMPLETE JUMP-THE-SHARK PIECE OF GARBAGE SINCE. STICK A SWORD IN IT. #TRUTH!!

niles

Just cancel it now. It has become an embarassment.

Max

Condition 1 - he's learned to not piss off his network, so he's not crazy any more. Condition 2 - Was obviously made up on the fly, you don't publicly paint your potential boss into a charity corner. So no, there's been no serious talk about this at all.

Jay_Ammons@hotmail.com

HELL NO, I used to like him but of the things hes been doing he'll set a bad example he might say something that might cause the network to be shut down if he cleans up and gets his acting back in order then come back slowly,

the truth hurts

Damn, when is this druggie going to die and fade away already?

your own luck

Why would people be judges that are not musicians or singers. How could they really judge pitch, being off key, etc. Yes, I know Simon isn't a musician or singer but he was one of the creators of the show.

peoplearesilly

Hollywood sucks. They reward those who don't deserve it. I won't watch.

Tigers Wood

Like to see Sheen on it and here wise cracks
Jerry Lewis making an idiot of himself like he always does, that would be a gas seeing idiot nutty professor.

Tee

I feel like I need antibiotics just looking at a pic of him. yuck.

KET

If he's in I'm out. I think they might be surprised at exactly how many people feel the same way.

tgrfan42069

why not let charles manson do it from his prison cell heck he knows as much about singing as charlie sheen

SKay

Please no Charlie Sheen!! It has been nice without Paula Abdul, even though I liked her at the time, but Charlie Sheen is so lost and so out there. No one wants to listen to what he has to say. I love American Idol, but I'm quite sure that I would have to stop watching it if he were on and Jerry Lewis, he would be so funny, but I don't think he would even consider it.

StarryStarryNight

idol should quit while they're still ahead.

pull the plug on the old girl.

StarryStarryNight

hiring this drug addict to judge music...nothing he knows about...is like hiring loserhan to act...in anything.

dumbazz moves.