Charlie Sheen

Count Me in for 'Idol'

BUT ONLY IF ...

7/11/2012 6:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0710_charlie_sheen_tmz
Charlie Sheen
tells TMZ, he's 100% on board to judge the next season of "American Idol" -- but there are several conditions that must be met before he signs the dotted line.

As TMZ first reported, "Idol" Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe told us he would LOVE to have Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis as judges for season 12. Nigel would not say if he was joking ... but he repeated his wish list several times during the conversation.

CONDITION #1. Charlie says FX -- the network that airs his show "Anger Management" -- must sign off on an "Idol" deal ... but Jennifer Lopez proved, being on A.I. can be good for business.

CONDITION #2. Charlie says the money has to be right:  "If the numbers move the needle AND 'Idol' matches 20% of my weekly salary for Autism Speaks, JDRF, and the Boys and Girls Club ... then the hell with it. As we say, pour the smoke."

That's Charlie-speak for "Why the hell not?"

As for Jerry Lewis, he's in Nashville directing a stage play of "The Nutty Professor" and was not available for comment.

0711_charlie_sheen_through_years_footer

northern gypsy

to all the people a$$ociated with A.I. let this production leave while on top...11 hollywood years are like 22 normal years... the party over it's time to turn out the lights !!!

antique88blue

Ummm...No way!!!! I am a huge fan of the show but wont watch if he's on there. What does he know about music anyway?

Puffy

I'd watch for Charlie Sheen but if Jerry Lewis were on - I'd sooner burn in hell.

awesomewave

I guess he needs it after his new show tanked.

THE-KILLUMINATED-ONE

plus he wants money to go to charities. At least he wants to help ppl, and have some fun doing it.

Kari

I DON'T THINK CHARLIE IS IN A POSITION TO MAKE DEMANDS ANY LONGER. HE'S YESTERDAYS NEWS.

schoen1

This must be a joke.

mebrat24

Harvey must get paid to run this kind of bull**** story about two people that know zero about music. It is all about how much cash Harvey can bring in and what story is posted.

all about the money

Guess goes to show how desperate A.I. is getting to bring up Charlie Sheen. A.I. is in its death throws now I think. Jerry Lewis?!?! While I love the guy I don't see how he could fit in as a judge.

Susan62509

If I was on American Idol performing, I would want to be judged by someone in the music industry since they are more qualified to judge. Anyone else would be an insult to my singing profession.

Kari

I saw Nigel on Piers Morgan a couple of nights ago--he said nobody from Idol has approached Sheen. He said he is aware that lots of names have been thrown around by the press, but Idol hasn't considered Sheen or anyone yet. It's great publicity, but I can't see Idol being stupid enough to recruit Sheen.

cindy

I thought he said he was retireing to spend time with his kids. Money talks.

IQ132

Charlie looks like a corps,, stop and go to rehab..........

SusanCoyote

I haven't watched this mess since... never! Karaoke is for losers! Is it possible to hire more unqualified judges??? It's like hiring Britney Spears to judge a singing competition.

Joe

Charlie sheen is a great actor. I watch anything he is in. Jerry Lewis was and is a funny actor and a great heart for what he does to help kids with ms. I would definitely watch AI if these two are on it. I just don't understand what their music background is that will make them a good judge.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments