Charlie Sheen

Count Me in for 'Idol'

BUT ONLY IF ...

7/11/2012 6:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0710_charlie_sheen_tmz
Charlie Sheen
tells TMZ, he's 100% on board to judge the next season of "American Idol" -- but there are several conditions that must be met before he signs the dotted line.

As TMZ first reported, "Idol" Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe told us he would LOVE to have Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis as judges for season 12. Nigel would not say if he was joking ... but he repeated his wish list several times during the conversation.

CONDITION #1. Charlie says FX -- the network that airs his show "Anger Management" -- must sign off on an "Idol" deal ... but Jennifer Lopez proved, being on A.I. can be good for business.

CONDITION #2. Charlie says the money has to be right:  "If the numbers move the needle AND 'Idol' matches 20% of my weekly salary for Autism Speaks, JDRF, and the Boys and Girls Club ... then the hell with it. As we say, pour the smoke."

That's Charlie-speak for "Why the hell not?"

As for Jerry Lewis, he's in Nashville directing a stage play of "The Nutty Professor" and was not available for comment.

0711_charlie_sheen_through_years_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

sharon white

I love american idol BUT I will never watch the show again if Charlie Sheen becomes one of judges !!
The guy is a LOSER with no shame. How could Nigel even condider him ??

Really???

be the only reason i'd watch.right now they might as well have aston as judge

Becca

I would totally watch if he were on. No lie.

HARRY NIPPLES, Jr.

Before you can judge talent, it helps to have some.

Jobe2433

What a great role model!

Criminy

Charlie Sheen being on Idol is the only way I would ever watch that show. I used to watch all the time, but when they got rid of Paula Abdul, I quit watching. It has gone downhill from the tidbits I see of it... but if Charlie Sheen were on it, I would be back to watching it every week. GO CHARLIE!

gailforce

I have been a fan and have watched "Idol" since season 1; however, if Charlie Sheen becomes a judge then last season will have been the end of the show for me. Not only isn't Sheen in the music business (no matter what he believes) but I tired of his bad behavior being rewarded. I've had all of Charlie I can stand for one lifetime, haven't you?

Sherry

All the negativity! No one is too far gone for God's grace! I pray for peace for his family and he gets the help he needs. Plenty of addicts have been turned around in this world! Miracles happen everyday! Have a little faith!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6