Dominic Monaghan

'Swamp People' Is Cruel

... SHUT IT DOWN!!!

7/12/2012 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0712_dominic_swamp_people
"Lost" star Dominic Monaghan believes "Swamp People" is nothing more than "shock TV" that glorifies the senseless killing of alligators -- and it must be stopped.

Monaghan went off on Twitter moments ago about the History Channel show, writing, "If my hero Steve Irwin was around, those shows about killing alligators wouldn't be on TV. I'm gonna stop them."

Monaghan describes "Swamp People" as "death entertainment" that "continues to demonize reptiles as monsters and animals that are okay to torture and kill."

He adds, "If alligator populations need to be controlled, I understand. But the act should not be glorified on TV. Disgusting."

And according to Dominic, it's all the History Channel's fault -- "I blame the network, not the people."

So we gotta ask ...

South Beach

Don't like it, change the channel. Simple. I'll bet the closest this idiot has ever gotten to an alligator is his shoes.

Meomy

Hey Dominic..KMA..those guys are out there making a living, supporting their families and doing something that helps keep the alligator population in check. GTH

Regina

His "hero" Steve Erwin singlehandedly made an entire country look like a bunch of stupid, backwards bunch of retards. He made all Australians look bad and gave them a bad name.

Caroline

as a fellow "swamp person", I have to say Dominic darling you don't know what your talking about. They are not killing alligators because its fun. Its necessary for population control, safety of the surrounding communities and its an industry for the state of Louisiana.

Bob

It seems like a very good cause to me. Why does anyone think that invading an animals habitat where it isn't bother you so that you can kill it, is a good premise for a tv show? It seems barbaric and gross to me.

Eric W

Excelsior!

trudy

i think its just like hunting season for all other animals. everything would be over populated the animals would over take everything,at least the meats not wasted and the skin isnt wasted. He said his friend Steve Erin woulnt like it well you see what happened to him!!!!!!

Charles Jackson

I have lived on a farm all my life and was taught how to hunt and fish from a early age and I get so damn tired of these hollywood do gooders and tree huggers who have never had to do an honest day's work passing judgement on what other people do just to feed their families!

Alecia Ladner

hey just remeber when your in that store buyin high dollar gater boots you can thank swamp ppl for that.i love the show and see nothing wrong with it.

S

I've never commented on an article in my life. However, I can't sit on the sidelines on this one. This is a person that is at best, good at memorizing lines. But we should listen to him? Are you kidding me? He also attacks the other lost actor? Let me tell you something, if you were to dig a little into this persons life, you will find that he has a whole lot to hide. I want to see him go out to the swamp and deal with some of these real people and put a stop to it. Ef you! You little insignificant little "actor". I'm so sick of these people...

aguy

Seriously, another ignorant Hollywood libtard... If they did NOT hunt the gators they would be over run with them as they breed like crazy. It is called population control you liberal twit. Their should be a hunting season for libtards also!

Jack Mehoff

They're not killing for sport. This show is based around the livelihood of these people. It's no different than watching deadliest catch. Why doesn't he go to FL and help save those gators that attack little kids in their own backyard.

steven kendrick

what does this guy eat? cajuns eat GATORS, so who is the KING OF THE SWAMP? R.J. or TROY? SHOOT UM ELIZABETH!!!!!

steven kendrick

does this guy eat chicken or beef or fish? cajuns eat gator!!! besides did he read about the guy who survived an alligator attack , by something he saw on" SWAMP PEOPLE" so who is the king of the swamp, is it RJ and JAY PAUL or TROY AND HIS SONS, 500 gators in one month WOW, we know who the queen of the swamp is! SHOOT- UM ELIZABETH!!!!

steven kendrick