Dominic Monaghan

'Swamp People' Is Cruel

... SHUT IT DOWN!!!

7/12/2012 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0712_dominic_swamp_people
"Lost" star Dominic Monaghan believes "Swamp People" is nothing more than "shock TV" that glorifies the senseless killing of alligators -- and it must be stopped.

Monaghan went off on Twitter moments ago about the History Channel show, writing, "If my hero Steve Irwin was around, those shows about killing alligators wouldn't be on TV. I'm gonna stop them."

Monaghan describes "Swamp People" as "death entertainment" that "continues to demonize reptiles as monsters and animals that are okay to torture and kill."

He adds, "If alligator populations need to be controlled, I understand. But the act should not be glorified on TV. Disgusting."

And according to Dominic, it's all the History Channel's fault -- "I blame the network, not the people."

So we gotta ask ...

Kevin

This hobbit needs to get cut

greg

stick to acting, nobody cares what you think dude

Joey Miller

This is how they make a LIVING they are not from the big city this actor makes more money than all of swamp people HE could not survive in the SWAMP

What's Reality

All he wants is to get his name back into the spotlight He's a has been! I bet he don't complain when he is sitting down to eat a big ole juicy steak, some fried chicken or a smoked salmon, etc.
Why can't celebrities do their job & ACT, SING or whatever they do to be celebrities & stop being activist?
BTW I love me some Swamp People!

Mark H

Aw, do people having to do whatever they can to feed their families make your vagina hurt? That's why all of the rest of us don't like, or want to live, in California.

Mike78

I'm sure that no animals were harmed during the making of his leather jacket he is wearing. Hypocrite.

vicki

Hey! its a way of life, you give these people paychecks each week then they can stop earning a living and supporting their families. Get real, its a part of life called survival.

Laura

This is so dumb... The alligators are used for food, which is very popular in Louisiana. Its not like they're killing gators and throwing them away. Its food... its meat, and last time I checked, I'm pretty sure the majority of America eats meat...

Deena Young

I think Lost should be shut down. It is so stupid. Serves no purpose at all. The only shows stupider are the Bachelor and it's spinoffs.

Randy

Its a way of life. Just as the shrimpers who go out and catch all the harmless shrimp you eat. If you dont like it, don't watch it!!.

The Kajun Queen

This guy needs to get LOST....and so do the idiots calling people they don't know or know about idiots! If your so superior - go grow or kill your own food, build your own house, and sew your own clothes...your sorry butt's wouldn't live long without these people! ! Where do you people think the stuff you buy in stores comes from.....DUH!....and y'all call us idiots!!

Warren

I grew up in Cameron Parish Louisiana as one of the first family's hunting alligators once the population rebounded and watch the show often. I don't agree with the way they "play" the alligator for the camera but I know it is all about ratings. This is a way of life for us down here and it is more about feeding our family's than anything else. This show has also increased the tourism in the state, a Louisiana Wildlife & Fisheries agent told me the number of calls coming in for trips to hunt alligators has gone up ten fold. So as long as it is good for the economy, ACTION.

Paige

I totally disagree with this. They have to make a living too. And as far as disgusting you dont see anything that gorey. People need to get over themselves.

roger

what an idiot its a good show .

ANTI OBAMA

We don't need another Incompetent liberal saying what Is and what Isn't right.. Y'all keep your thoughts to yourself. Instead you should worry about your dumb ass president ripping this country a new one along with congress and senate.
!!!!!!! SWAMP LIFE !!!!!!!!!