Dominic Monaghan

'Swamp People' Is Cruel

... SHUT IT DOWN!!!

7/12/2012 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0712_dominic_swamp_people
"Lost" star Dominic Monaghan believes "Swamp People" is nothing more than "shock TV" that glorifies the senseless killing of alligators -- and it must be stopped.

Monaghan went off on Twitter moments ago about the History Channel show, writing, "If my hero Steve Irwin was around, those shows about killing alligators wouldn't be on TV. I'm gonna stop them."

Monaghan describes "Swamp People" as "death entertainment" that "continues to demonize reptiles as monsters and animals that are okay to torture and kill."

He adds, "If alligator populations need to be controlled, I understand. But the act should not be glorified on TV. Disgusting."

And according to Dominic, it's all the History Channel's fault -- "I blame the network, not the people."

So we gotta ask ...

Blah Blah

Dude, if you don't like the show then don't watch it. I can't stand it when "celebrities" try to use their "influence" to promote a pointless cause. Next you'll be saying people shouldn't hunt or fish because you think it's barbaric. I guess you must be trying to get your name out for an upcoming movie role or something.

Cheryl A.

It's disgusting to me to watch anything get killed but living in the South where 'gators get HUGE, it has to be done. I think if they get to be 12 feet long they have to be killed. I just don't need to see it.

meredith

I agree with Michael. Yeah, alligators are our friends. Thats why one 8 ft sucker bit this kids arm off in Florida this week. He was just swimming with some friends. See how well it worked for Steve Irwin befriending these "gentle souls".

deedeejenkins

As a person from Louisiana let me tell you Gatorade are a problem they kill people mainly children an pets.they come into your yards an even houses.an we eat Gatorade here so its no different than eating cows deer pigs an we sell Gatorade at the grocery stores. So do your research before you go trying to get publicity. To bring back your career.

deedeejenkins

Sorry spell check I meant Gators

cerese13

Do people have nothing else better to do than cause drama?! GET A LIFE! I LOVE swamp people and I would be very upset if some douche like this gets it shut down. You don't like it...simple solution, DON'T WATCH IT!! Alligators need to be controlled, get over it!

Carl

I don't watch this show but I saw the first few minutes of a recent episode unintentionally. It seemed the focus of the episode was to hunt a very old and large alligator that went out of its way to avoid people and confrontation. The show glorifying that was pretty sad.

Majestik

Monaghan is just pissed off all the Gators are taller than him.

tsjfan

Dominic Monaghan. Buddy, People have hunted Alligators for hundreds of years.. Your not stopping anything... Besides they do this to "control poulation" better that then have Alligators everywhere eating peoples pets or even worse..

Max

Can someone stop him from making movies/TV? He is the suckiest of sucky actors. Save the gators? Yeah, right.

Redskin_Chick

I hate that show Swamp People, but that dad and kid duo are okay lol. I love their accents, like that deep Louisiana accent, yet I have no idea what the heck they're saying. But yeah the show is hard to watch.

powercat1

As he orders another McChicken sandwich.

boobymanz

Another PETard whining about something. Guess what? I just had a turkey and ham sandwich for lunch and it was awesome. LOL at the fact that this idiot think hunting is murder. I've seen several episodes of this show and have yet to see any torture whatsoever. I was wondering when some Hollywood tree huger hippie was going to b*tch about this show. F*ck off.

Teann

You are a dumb ass!! The people that live in the Bayou make their living hunting..Not everyone can be such a big man with big money like you, some of us have to WORK.. What would you rather have, the numbers down or a child to get eaten!?

Jason

There was a kid this week that got his arm bitten off in Florida while swimming. No one wants to see alligators hunted for fun, but when their population gets to a point where people are at risk, they have to be humanely killed. Alligator hunting is closely regulated and you face prison time for killing one with out the proper permit to do so. This guy just misses being in the spotlight.