Dominic Monaghan

'Swamp People' Is Cruel

... SHUT IT DOWN!!!

7/12/2012 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0712_dominic_swamp_people
"Lost" star Dominic Monaghan believes "Swamp People" is nothing more than "shock TV" that glorifies the senseless killing of alligators -- and it must be stopped.

Monaghan went off on Twitter moments ago about the History Channel show, writing, "If my hero Steve Irwin was around, those shows about killing alligators wouldn't be on TV. I'm gonna stop them."

Monaghan describes "Swamp People" as "death entertainment" that "continues to demonize reptiles as monsters and animals that are okay to torture and kill."

He adds, "If alligator populations need to be controlled, I understand. But the act should not be glorified on TV. Disgusting."

And according to Dominic, it's all the History Channel's fault -- "I blame the network, not the people."

So we gotta ask ...

Smash

really folks? they do it as population control. dumbasses.....

willie makett

If you don't like it , don't watch it! I don't like his show , so, I don't watch it! If he doesn't want to kill an alligator I don't think anyone is making him kill one. I just bet if he was kicked back in his backyard at a bar-b-que and a gator grabbed his leg he would be begging somebody to kill it. I guess when he was born brains was optional and his parents chose not to splurge.

justin

Justice would be an alligator in this metrosexual's house. If he had a pair, he'd go down to Louisiana and tell those people in person.

stacy

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

bonnie

if you think swamp people is cruel wait til you see a alligater eat a child in their own backyard because that is what will happen if there wasnt a hunting season. ****ing rich idiots.

bonnie

what an idiot. alligaters kill people and if they dont get killed they will kill people
steve irwin played with crocodiles in the zoo and stupid **** like that . so get over it!

Tcrn

Please, can he get lost. Better yet, lost in the swamp during alligator mating season.

Lori

TURN THE CHANNEL!!!!

Mickey

Thanks! I thought I might be the only one who was disgusted by this show!!!

Lori

TURN THE CHANNEL....If your smart enough to figure it out!

Shannon

Dominic - THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I've been saying this since the first episode. This show does NOT deserve to be on TV, for so many reasons. If it was about killing cute fluffy animals, no one would stand for it, but it's not. It's about the violent unnecessary deaths of innocent animals. THANK YOU DOMINIC!

Ed

Anyone who has so obtuse to think that these people are being "cruel" honestly should not be allowed to breed. These people have been living off the land this way for hundreds of years. You know what is absolutely disgusting Hollywood and 99% of the freaks that live there you plastic blowhards. Shut up and mind your own business.

Lydia

Willie is my favorite! He's a badass for sure catching gators with just a string and his hands. I heard he's not toothless anymore. I've only seen Season 1.

ScrappyChick

What a moron! Does this douche bag not realize this is how these ppl make a living?!? The skills & the manner the gators are hunted & killed have been passed down for generations! The gator season is only 30 days long once per year! The gators can only be killed with a single gunshot into a quarter sized kill spot on their heads. No pain, no suffering, instant death!!! Much better than the way we kill other animals for food! And no part of the gator is wasted. The meat, hides, bones, everything is used! It is only cruel to kill animals for purposes OTHER THAN food! I am an animal/lover advocate, but I am also a realist. It is not cruel to kill animals for survival...period! It's called the food chain! Most of the gator hunters live on a diet of mostly gator meat. It is necessary to control the overwhelming gator population in the swamps! He's clearly NEVER watched the show or he would know that a lot of the gator hunters are getting rid of nuisance gators that bother ppl, children, livestock & too many gators can disrupt the balance of life in the swamp! I'd NEVER even heard of this Domidick....oops I mean Dominic person b4 I read this article. Who the hell is he anyways?!?!?! He clearly is a flaming pile of poo!! Does he wear leather shoes, belts, watch band etc...is he a vegan or is he a carnivore?! Curious minds wanna know!! Most celebrities, including this unknown, talk out of their asses most of the time anyways!!

Big Labowski

LOL going to the swamp you will find the true meaning of LOST